Living in Amsterdam | from India
"At the InterNations events here in Amsterdam, I've come to know so many friendly expats. Both Indians and expatriates from other countries. "
Living in Amsterdam | from Argentina
"For my little daughter I've been looking for a good language teacher who also speaks Spanish. I've finally found him on InterNations."
InterNations - a trusted Network for Americans in Amsterdam
- Build up valuable contacts with like-minded Amsterdam expats
- Find reliable information and trustworthy tips about the expat life in Amsterdam
- Join top-class InterNations events to meet fellow expatriates in town
InterNations - A Place for Americans in Amsterdam
Welcome to all Americans in Amsterdam! Are you interested in getting to know fellow American expats in Amsterdam? Are you looking for advice from other Americans, e.g. in which bars in Amsterdam will Chicago Cubs' upcoming match be broadcasted or where in town to shop for peanut butter and marshmallow fluff?
You are cordially invited to take part in InterNations Amsterdam. Among the members of our international expat network, there is also a vibrant circle of American expats, coming from the Sunshine Belt, New England, the Mid-West and all parts of the USA.
Fellow Americans in Amsterdam
American Expats in Amsterdam share their Experiences
InterNations is a place where American expats in Amsterdam exchange experiences and tips to support each other. Our community helps you make the most of your time in The "Venice Of The North".
- Browse our Members Network to get to know Amsterdam’s American expats as well as other English-speaking global minds.
- Take part in our Expat Forums to obtain first hand tips from fellow American expats in Amsterdam.
- Use the Expat Guide for Amsterdam to find information, e.g. about the closest American diplomatic mission or regional AmCham.
Meet fellow Americans in Amsterdam at our Events
Our community in Amsterdam is also very active offline. Our InterNations Ambassadors, Stephanie Blanc and Elsbeth Beerepoot, organize regular events and various expat activities, e.g. a dinner in Amsterdam’s hippest restaurant or a weekend break with other American expats to explore the quaint clichés of flower fields, canals and windmills. These activities are a casual way to get to know expats from the Netherlands in Amsterdam as well as Americans in Netherlands nationwide. Interested? Simply become a member and we’ll be happy to welcome you among our Americans living in Amsterdam!
- 87% of members have university degree
- Members are 30 to 60 years old (average: 38)
- Members come from 179 countries
- 53% expat women
- 47% expat men
American Expats in the Netherlands
Click on the map to find communities worldwide: