Living in Austria | from Colombia
"InterNations events and forums have provided me with an extensive network of business and personal contacts in Vienna. "
Living in Austria | from India
"The group of InterNations expats in Vienna is so open and friendly that it was very easy to make friends."
InterNations - a trusted Network for Swiss in Austria
- Join our community and get to know members of Austria’s vibrant expat community
- Receive reliable information and exchange insider tips about the Austrian expat living
- Meet fellow expatriates at top InterNations events in Vienna, Innsbruck and many other regions
Meet Swiss Expatriates in Austria!
InterNations – Connecting Swiss living in Austria
Are you looking for fellow Swiss in Austria? Do you need advice and tips from your Swiss countrymen? Or would you like to go for a trip with other Swiss expats to discover attractions like the Alps together?
Whether you are already living as an expat in Austria or still residing at home in Switzerland to prepare your relocation abroad, InterNations Austria provides you with all you need: Founded in 2007, our trusted community has quickly established itself as the international networking platform for expats and global minds worldwide. Among our members there is also a sizable number of Swiss expats in Austria, planting their roots across Switzerland - from Graubünden, over Ticino to Fribourg.
Fellow Swiss in Austria
Receive Information and Tips about Austria from Swiss Expats
Obviously, expat life in Austria is not only about packing boxes and getting some paperwork done. The regular exchange with Swiss compatriots is also an important aspect of the expat experience to get accustomed to the Austrian culture and people. InterNations helps you to get to know and exchange with other Swiss in Austria, living in Vienna, Salzburg, Innsbruck and many other places across the country. Just visit our network of Swiss in Vienna or Swiss in Graz.
So, if you should ever feel like speaking your Swiss mother tongue, finding out where to shop for Swiss food or chatting about ZSC Lions' latest match, join the Austrian InterNations Community:
- Browse our high-quality expat network to find like-minded expatriates from Switzerland or German or French-speaking expats in Austria.
- Receive and share advice in our Austria Expat Forums – e.g. how to find a German or French-speaking nanny for your kids or where to shop for mailänderli and Raclette cheese in Vienna.
- Browse the InterNations Expat Guide for Austria to find institutions like the local CCIS (Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Switzerland) or the nearest Swiss embassy.
From the Bohemian Forest to the Neusiedler See, in the rural Burgenland district, we’ll get you in touch with helpful and friendly Swiss expats in Austria.
Take part in various Expat Activities to meet fellow Swiss in Austria
In addition, you are cordially invited to participate in our regular expat events and excursions taking place in Austria. Activities cover various interests and range from a small expat dinner to enjoy the traditional Austrian Apfelstrudel, to big expat get-togethers with hundreds of guests in Vienna’s top locations. You may also join one of our expat excursions for a weekend trip together with our group of Swiss in Salzburg to visit the Danube Valley and other impressive landmarks across Austria.
This way, our events and activities are a very nice occasion to meet fellow expats from Switzerlandand around the world in a casual atmosphere. Interested? Simply request your personal invitation to become a member and you’ll soon be welcomed with a warm Grüezi from our Swiss living in Austria!