Living in Baghdad | from Austria
"Iraqi bureaucracy is very different to what I know from Europe. Sharing experiences with fellow expats helped me to overcome many obstacles."
Living in Baghdad | from Argentina
"As you can imagine, expat living in Baghdad is difficult at times. The InterNations community helped me a lot to cope with the daily challenges!"
InterNations - a trusted Network for Germans in Baghdad
- Build up valuable contacts with like-minded Baghdad expats
- Find reliable information and trustworthy tips about the expat life in Baghdad
- Join top-class InterNations events to meet fellow expatriates in town
InterNations - A Place for Germans in Baghdad
Willkommen to all Germans in Baghdad! Are you interested in getting to know fellow German expats in Baghdad? Are you looking for advice from other Germans, e.g. in which bars in Baghdad will Borussia Dortmund's upcoming match be broadcasted or where in town to shop for whole-grain bread and home-brewed beer?
You are cordially invited to take part in InterNations Baghdad. Among the members of our international expat network, there is also a vibrant circle of German expats, coming from Saxony, Bavaria, Westphalia and all parts of Germany.
Fellow Germans in Baghdad
German Expats in Baghdad share their Experiences
InterNations is a place where German expats in Baghdad exchange experiences and tips to support each other. Our community helps you make the most of your time in The "City Given By God".
- Browse our Members Network to get to know Baghdad’s German expats as well as other German-speaking global minds.
- Take part in our Expat Forums to obtain first hand tips from fellow German expats in Baghdad.
- Use the Expat Guide for Baghdad to find information, e.g. about the closest German diplomatic mission or regional Goethe-Institut.
Meet fellow Germans in Baghdad at our Events
Our community in Baghdad is also very active offline. Our InterNations Ambassadors organize regular events and various expat activities, e.g. a dinner in Baghdad’s hippest restaurant or a weekend break with other German expats to explore Lower Mesopotamia, the cradle of ancient civilizations. These activities are a casual way to get to know expats from Iraq in Baghdad as well as Germans in Iraq nationwide. Interested? Simply become a member and we’ll be happy to welcome you among our Germans living in Baghdad!