Living in Bern | from Portugal
"Living in Bern, the tiny capital city of Switzerland, felt very hemmed in at first. But through InterNations I met the expat community and many nice locals."
Living in Bern | from Mexico
"I was amazed by the variety of people that I got to meet through InterNations Bern: diplomats, CEOs, artists and expats from all nations."
InterNations - a trusted Network for Canadians in Bern
- Build up valuable contacts with like-minded Bern expats
- Find reliable information and trustworthy tips about the expat life in Bern
- Join top-class InterNations events to meet fellow expatriates in town
InterNations - A Place for Canadians in Bern
Welcome to all Canadians in Bern! Are you interested in getting to know fellow Canadian expats in Bern? Are you looking for advice from other Canadians, e.g. in which bars in Bern will Canucks' upcoming match be broadcasted or where in town to shop for maple syrup and cranapple relish?
You are cordially invited to take part in InterNations Bern. Among the members of our international expat network, there is also a vibrant circle of Canadian expats, coming from New Brunswick, Alberta, British Columbia and all parts of Canada.
Fellow Canadians in Bern
Canadian Expats in Bern share their Experiences
InterNations is a place where Canadian expats in Bern exchange experiences and tips to support each other. Our community helps you make the most of your time in The Federal City Of Switzerland, which derives its name from a bear hunt of medieval legend.
- Browse our Members Network to get to know Bern’s Canadian expats as well as other English or French-speaking global minds.
- Take part in our Expat Forums to obtain first hand tips from fellow Canadian expats in Bern.
- Use the Expat Guide for Bern to find information, e.g. about the closest Canadian diplomatic mission or regional Canada Club.
Meet fellow Canadians in Bern at our Events
Our community in Bern is also very active offline. Our InterNations Ambassadors, Anita Hermecz and Jens Vollmar, organize regular events and various expat activities, e.g. a dinner in Bern’s hippest restaurant or a weekend break with other Canadian expats to explore the mountain ranges of the Jura Vaudois. These activities are a casual way to get to know expats from Switzerland in Bern as well as Canadians in Switzerland nationwide. Interested? Simply become a member and we’ll be happy to welcome you among our Canadians living in Bern!