Living in Bern | from Portugal
"Living in Bern, the tiny capital city of Switzerland, felt very hemmed in at first. But through InterNations I met the expat community and many nice locals."
Living in Bern | from Mexico
"I was amazed by the variety of people that I got to meet through InterNations Bern: diplomats, CEOs, artists and expats from all nations."
InterNations - a trusted Network for Portuguese in Bern
- Build up valuable contacts with like-minded Bern expats
- Find reliable information and trustworthy tips about the expat life in Bern
- Join top-class InterNations events to meet fellow expatriates in town
InterNations - A Place for Portuguese in Bern
Bem-vindo to all Portuguese in Bern! Are you interested in getting to know fellow Portuguese expats in Bern? Are you looking for advice from other Portuguese, e.g. in which bars in Bern will F.C.Porto's upcoming match be broadcasted or where in town to shop for chouriço sausages or pastel de nata tarts?
You are cordially invited to take part in InterNations Bern. Among the members of our international expat network, there is also a vibrant circle of Portuguese expats, coming from Faro, Coimbra, Vila Real and all parts of Portugal.
Fellow Portuguese in Bern
Portuguese Expats in Bern share their Experiences
InterNations is a place where Portuguese expats in Bern exchange experiences and tips to support each other. Our community helps you make the most of your time in The Federal City Of Switzerland, which derives its name from a bear hunt of medieval legend.
- Browse our Members Network to get to know Bern’s Portuguese expats as well as other Portuguese-speaking global minds.
- Take part in our Expat Forums to obtain first hand tips from fellow Portuguese expats in Bern.
- Use the Expat Guide for Bern to find information, e.g. about the closest Portuguese diplomatic mission or regional Instituto Camoes.
Meet fellow Portuguese in Bern at our Events
Our community in Bern is also very active offline. Our InterNations Ambassadors, Mohit Dixit and Anita Hermecz, organize regular events and various expat activities, e.g. a dinner in Bern’s hippest restaurant or a weekend break with other Portuguese expats to explore the mountain ranges of the Jura Vaudois. These activities are a casual way to get to know expats from Switzerland in Bern as well as Portuguese in Switzerland nationwide. Interested? Simply become a member and we’ll be happy to welcome you among our Portuguese living in Bern!
- 87% of members have university degree
- Members are 30 to 60 years old (average: 38)
- Members come from 179 countries
- 53% expat women
- 47% expat men
Portuguese Expats in Switzerland
Click on the map to find communities worldwide: