Living in Botswana | from Great Britain
"As an expat in Gaborone & beyond, I learned to love Botsuana's treasures and would like to share my love for my second home with you. "
Living in Botswana | from USA
"Gaborone's a comparatively small African metropolis, but I still needed help from expats and locals to relocate and settle in. "
InterNations - a trusted Network for Swedish in Botswana
- Join our community and get to know members of Botswana’s vibrant expat community
- Receive reliable information and exchange insider tips about the Botswanan expat living
- Meet fellow expatriates at top InterNations events in Gaborone, Maun and many other regions
Meet Swedish Expatriates in Botswana!
InterNations – Uniting Swedish living in Botswana
Would you like to get in touch with other Swedish in Botswana? Are you in need of help and advice from your Swedish compatriots? Or would you like to join other Swedish expats on an excursion to discover sights and landmarks – e.g. the Okavango Delta?
Whether you have settled as an expat in Botswana or are still living in Sweden to plan your upcoming foreign assignment, InterNations Botswana offers everything you require: Established in 2007, our trusted community has soon become the platform for international networking among expatriates and global minds around the world. Our network also counts a considerable number of Swedish expats in Botswana, coming from all over Sweden - from Jylland over Hovedstadden to Syddanmark.
Fellow Swedish in Botswana
Find tips and advice on Botswana from Swedish Expats
Of course, expat living in Botswana is not just about shipping your belongings and filing in some bureaucratic papers. Regular socializing with fellow Swedish is an essential part of expat life and becoming accustomed to the Botswanan way of life and mentality. InterNations helps you connect and meet up with other Swedish in Botswana, residing in Gaborone, Francistown, Maun and many other places throughout the country. Just take a look at our group of Swedish in Gaborone.
If you ever wish to have a chat in your Swedish native language, discover where to shop for Swedish food or discuss the Tre Kronor latest match, become a member of the Botswanan InterNations Community:
- Look up our top quality network to get to know open-minded expats from Sweden or Swedish-speaking expatriates in Botswana.
- Obtain and share insider tips in our Botswana Expat Forums – e.g. how to hire a Swedish-speaking babysitter for your children or where to buy cinnamon whirls, lingonberry jam and hjortebakkels in Gaborone.
- Search the InterNations Expat Guide for Botswana to get information on the local Scandinavian Women’s Association or the nearest Swedish consulate.
From its gently rolling tableland to the Limpopo River Basin, we’ll help you connect with supportive and friendly Swedish expats in Botswana.
Join our expat activities and mingle with fellow Swedish in Botswana
Moreover, please feel free to attend our regular expat events and activities in Botswana. Our get-togethers include diverse interests and range from a cozy gathering to enjoy the traditional Botswanan seswaai, to big expat celebrations with hundreds of participants in Gaborone’s best locations. You can also participate in one of our expat trips to go and see the fringes of the Kalahari Desert as well as other beautiful landmarks in Botswana.
Our meet-ups and activities are a great opportunity to mingle with expats from Sweden and various other countries in a casual setting. Interested? Just send us your membership application and you’ll soon be receiving a cordial Välkommen & Velkommen from our Swedish living in Botswana!