Living in Chicago | from Germany
"At first, I tried to google all information on Chicago. Then I found InterNations and some of its local scouts gave me a personal tour."
Living in Chicago | from Sweden
"It is great to live in the Windy City and to enjoy the American way of life. However, I am also glad to attend InterNations events to meet other expats."
InterNations - a trusted Network for Austrians in Chicago
- Build up valuable contacts with like-minded Chicago expats
- Find reliable information and trustworthy tips about the expat life in Chicago
- Join top-class InterNations events to meet fellow expatriates in town
InterNations - A Place for Austrians in Chicago
Servus to all Austrians in Chicago! Are you interested in getting to know fellow Austrian expats in Chicago? Are you looking for advice from other Austrians, e.g. in which bars in Chicago will FK Austria Wien's upcoming match be broadcasted or where in town to shop for Powidl and Topfen?
You are cordially invited to take part in InterNations Chicago. Among the members of our international expat network, there is also a vibrant circle of Austrian expats, coming from Styria, Carinthia, Vorarlberg and all parts of Austria.
Austrian Expats in Chicago Posted:
Hi Sara, I´m moving in March to Chicago for business ( work ) and will stay until December. If...
same here. i'll likely be doing some basic lessons in a few weeks, in case anyone's interested.
I wish I could make it, but will be out of town. Keep me posted on similar events!
Fellow Austrians in Chicago
Austrian Expats in Chicago share their Experiences
InterNations is a place where Austrian expats in Chicago exchange experiences and tips to support each other. Our community helps you make the most of your time in The "Windy City".
- Browse our Members Network to get to know Chicago’s Austrian expats as well as other German-speaking global minds.
- Take part in our Expat Forums to obtain first hand tips from fellow Austrian expats in Chicago.
- Use the Expat Guide for Chicago to find information, e.g. about the closest Austrian diplomatic mission or regional chapter of the Auslandsösterreicher.
Meet fellow Austrians in Chicago at our Events
Our community in Chicago is also very active offline. Our InterNations Ambassadors, Nathan Greenhalgh and Francisco Herrera, organize regular events and various expat activities, e.g. a dinner in Chicago’s hippest restaurant or a weekend break with other Austrian expats to explore the Sierras of California. These activities are a casual way to get to know expats from the USA in Chicago as well as Austrians in USA nationwide. Interested? Simply become a member and we’ll be happy to welcome you among our Austrians living in Chicago!