Living in Chicago | from Germany
"At first, I tried to google all information on Chicago. Then I found InterNations and some of its local scouts gave me a personal tour."
Living in Chicago | from Sweden
"It is great to live in the Windy City and to enjoy the American way of life. However, I am also glad to attend InterNations events to meet other expats."
InterNations - a trusted Network for British in Chicago
- Build up valuable contacts with like-minded Chicago expats
- Find reliable information and trustworthy tips about the expat life in Chicago
- Join top-class InterNations events to meet fellow expatriates in town
InterNations - A Place for British in Chicago
Welcome to all British in Chicago! Are you interested in getting to know fellow British expats in Chicago? Are you looking for advice from other British, e.g. in which bars in Chicago will Esher RFC's upcoming match be broadcasted or where in town to shop for HP sauce, baked beans and Cadbury eggs?
You are cordially invited to take part in InterNations Chicago. Among the members of our international expat network, there is also a vibrant circle of British expats, coming from Cornwall, Yorkshire, the Scottish Lowlands and all parts of the UK.
Fellow British in Chicago
British Expats in Chicago share their Experiences
InterNations is a place where British expats in Chicago exchange experiences and tips to support each other. Our community helps you make the most of your time in The "Windy City".
- Browse our Members Network to get to know Chicago’s British expats as well as other English-speaking global minds.
- Take part in our Expat Forums to obtain first hand tips from fellow British expats in Chicago.
- Use the Expat Guide for Chicago to find information, e.g. about the closest British diplomatic mission or regional British Council office.
Meet fellow British in Chicago at our Events
Our community in Chicago is also very active offline. Our InterNations Ambassadors, Katrin Hummel and Nathan Greenhalgh, organize regular events and various expat activities, e.g. a dinner in Chicago’s hippest restaurant or a weekend break with other British expats to explore the Sierras of California. These activities are a casual way to get to know expats from the USA in Chicago as well as British in USA nationwide. Interested? Simply become a member and we’ll be happy to welcome you among our British living in Chicago!