Living in Chicago | from Germany
"At first, I tried to google all information on Chicago. Then I found InterNations and some of its local scouts gave me a personal tour."
Living in Chicago | from Sweden
"It is great to live in the Windy City and to enjoy the American way of life. However, I am also glad to attend InterNations events to meet other expats."
InterNations - a trusted Network for Swedish in Chicago
- Build up valuable contacts with like-minded Chicago expats
- Find reliable information and trustworthy tips about the expat life in Chicago
- Join top-class InterNations events to meet fellow expatriates in town
InterNations - A Place for Swedish in Chicago
Välkommen & Velkommen to all Swedish in Chicago! Are you interested in getting to know fellow Swedish expats in Chicago? Are you looking for advice from other Swedish, e.g. in which bars in Chicago will Tre Kronor upcoming match be broadcasted or where in town to shop for cinnamon whirls, lingonberry jam and hjortebakkels?
You are cordially invited to take part in InterNations Chicago. Among the members of our international expat network, there is also a vibrant circle of Swedish expats, coming from Hovedstadden, Jylland, Syddanmark and all parts of Sweden.
Swedish Expats in Chicago Posted:
Hey Amanda, I would recommend Lincoln Square. I believe rents remain reasonable there and it is ...
Fellow Swedish in Chicago
Swedish Expats in Chicago share their Experiences
InterNations is a place where Swedish expats in Chicago exchange experiences and tips to support each other. Our community helps you make the most of your time in The "Windy City".
- Browse our Members Network to get to know Chicago’s Swedish expats as well as other Swedish-speaking global minds.
- Take part in our Expat Forums to obtain first hand tips from fellow Swedish expats in Chicago.
- Use the Expat Guide for Chicago to find information, e.g. about the closest Swedish diplomatic mission or regional Scandinavian Women’s Association.
Meet fellow Swedish in Chicago at our Events
Our community in Chicago is also very active offline. Our InterNations Ambassadors, Francisco Herrera and Joseph Shoshana, organize regular events and various expat activities, e.g. a dinner in Chicago’s hippest restaurant or a weekend break with other Swedish expats to explore the Sierras of California. These activities are a casual way to get to know expats from the USA in Chicago as well as Swedish in USA nationwide. Interested? Simply become a member and we’ll be happy to welcome you among our Swedish living in Chicago!