Living in Congo | from Great Britain
"As someone with a life-long interest in Central Africa, it wasn't hard for me to move here. For my wife it was not that easy. She met other spouses through InterNations, though."
Living in Congo | from Great Britain
"Where the hell is Brazzaville? That was my first thought before moving here. Then I joined InterNations and received many valuable tips from expats living there."
InterNations - a trusted Network for Swiss in Congo
- Join our community and get to know members of Congo’s vibrant expat community
- Receive reliable information and exchange insider tips about the Congolese expat living
- Meet fellow expatriates at top InterNations events in Brazzaville, Abala-Ndolo and many other regions
Meet Swiss Expatriates in Congo!
InterNations – Connecting Swiss living in Congo
Are you looking for fellow Swiss in Congo? Do you need advice and tips from your Swiss countrymen? Or would you like to go for a trip with other Swiss expats to discover attractions like the colonial and governmental palaces of the capital together?
Whether you are already living as an expat in Congo or still residing at home in Switzerland to prepare your relocation abroad, InterNations Congo provides you with all you need: Founded in 2007, our trusted community has quickly established itself as the international networking platform for expats and global minds worldwide. Among our members there is also a sizable number of Swiss expats in Congo, planting their roots across Switzerland - from Graubünden, over Ticino to Fribourg.
Fellow Swiss in Congo
Receive Information and Tips about Congo from Swiss Expats
Obviously, expat life in Congo is not only about packing boxes and getting some paperwork done. The regular exchange with Swiss compatriots is also an important aspect of the expat experience to get accustomed to the Congolese culture and people. InterNations helps you to get to know and exchange with other Swiss in Congo, living in Brazzaville, Pointe Noire, Abala-Ndolo and many other places across the country. Just visit our network of Swiss in Brazzaville.
So, if you should ever feel like speaking your Swiss mother tongue, finding out where to shop for Swiss food or chatting about ZSC Lions' latest match, join the Congolese InterNations Community:
- Browse our high-quality expat network to find like-minded expatriates from Switzerland or German or French-speaking expats in Congo.
- Receive and share advice in our Congo Expat Forums – e.g. how to find a German or French-speaking nanny for your kids or where to shop for mailänderli and Raclette cheese in Brazzaville.
- Browse the InterNations Expat Guide for Congo to find institutions like the local CCIS (Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Switzerland) or the nearest Swiss embassy.
From the south-western coastal plains to the thick rainforests of Sangha in the north, we’ll get you in touch with helpful and friendly Swiss expats in Congo.
Take part in various Expat Activities to meet fellow Swiss in Congo
In addition, you are cordially invited to participate in our regular expat events and excursions taking place in Congo. Activities cover various interests and range from a small expat dinner to enjoy the traditional Congolese mwambe, to big expat get-togethers with hundreds of guests in Brazzaville’s top locations. You may also join one of our expat excursions for a weekend trip to visit Lesio Louna Gorilla Reserve and other impressive landmarks across Congo.
This way, our events and activities are a very nice occasion to meet fellow expats from Switzerlandand around the world in a casual atmosphere. Interested? Simply request your personal invitation to become a member and you’ll soon be welcomed with a warm Grüezi from our Swiss living in Congo!