Living in Eritrea | from Norway
"Making business in Eritrea is very different from Norway. On InterNations I can exchange my experiences with fellow expats. "
Living in Eritrea | from USA
"With InterNations I realized that I am not the only expat out here in Asmara. Even made some really good friends from the US!"
InterNations - a trusted Network for Swedish in Eritrea
- Join our community and get to know members of Eritrea’s vibrant expat community
- Receive reliable information and exchange insider tips about the Eritrean expat living
- Meet fellow expatriates at top InterNations events in Asmara, Nakfa and many other regions
Meet Swedish Expatriates in Eritrea!
InterNations – Uniting Swedish living in Eritrea
Would you like to get in touch with other Swedish in Eritrea? Are you in need of help and advice from your Swedish compatriots? Or would you like to join other Swedish expats on an excursion to discover sights and landmarks – e.g. the temperate, almost Mediterranean highlands?
Whether you have settled as an expat in Eritrea or are still living in Sweden to plan your upcoming foreign assignment, InterNations Eritrea offers everything you require: Established in 2007, our trusted community has soon become the platform for international networking among expatriates and global minds around the world. Our network also counts a considerable number of Swedish expats in Eritrea, coming from all over Sweden - from Jylland over Hovedstadden to Syddanmark.
Fellow Swedish in Eritrea
Find tips and advice on Eritrea from Swedish Expats
Of course, expat living in Eritrea is not just about shipping your belongings and filing in some bureaucratic papers. Regular socializing with fellow Swedish is an essential part of expat life and becoming accustomed to the Eritrean way of life and mentality. InterNations helps you connect and meet up with other Swedish in Eritrea, residing in Asmara, Nassawa, Nakfa and many other places throughout the country. Just take a look at our group of Swedish in Asmara.
If you ever wish to have a chat in your Swedish native language, discover where to shop for Swedish food or discuss the Tre Kronor latest match, become a member of the Eritrean InterNations Community:
- Look up our top quality network to get to know open-minded expats from Sweden or Swedish-speaking expatriates in Eritrea.
- Obtain and share insider tips in our Eritrea Expat Forums – e.g. how to hire a Swedish-speaking babysitter for your children or where to buy cinnamon whirls, lingonberry jam and hjortebakkels in Asmara.
- Search the InterNations Expat Guide for Eritrea to get information on the local Scandinavian Women’s Association or the nearest Swedish consulate.
From the exceptionally modern city of Asmara to the fishing grounds of the Dahlak Archipelago, we’ll help you connect with supportive and friendly Swedish expats in Eritrea.
Join our expat activities and mingle with fellow Swedish in Eritrea
Moreover, please feel free to attend our regular expat events and activities in Eritrea. Our get-togethers include diverse interests and range from a cozy gathering to enjoy the traditional Eritrean zigini, to big expat celebrations with hundreds of participants in Asmara’s best locations. You can also participate in one of our expat trips to go and see the colonial Italian buildings of Kombishtato as well as other beautiful landmarks in Eritrea.
Our meet-ups and activities are a great opportunity to mingle with expats from Sweden and various other countries in a casual setting. Interested? Just send us your membership application and you’ll soon be receiving a cordial Välkommen & Velkommen from our Swedish living in Eritrea!