Living in Guinea | from Egypt
"Getting in touch with other expats helped me cope with such difficulties as the sporadic power cuts in Conakry much faster..."
Living in Guinea | from Spain
"Was absolutely delighted to network with Conakry contacts to learn more about Guinean culture."
InterNations - a trusted Network for Swiss in Guinea
- Join our community and get to know members of Guinea’s vibrant expat community
- Receive reliable information and exchange insider tips about the Guinean expat living
- Meet fellow expatriates at top InterNations events in Conakry, Beyla and many other regions
Meet Swiss Expatriates in Guinea!
InterNations – Uniting Swiss living in Guinea
Would you like to get in touch with other Swiss in Guinea? Are you in need of help and advice from your Swiss compatriots? Or would you like to join other Swiss expats on an excursion to discover sights and landmarks – e.g. the Soumba waterfalls?
Whether you have settled as an expat in Guinea or are still living in Switzerland to plan your upcoming foreign assignment, InterNations Guinea offers everything you require: Established in 2007, our trusted community has soon become the platform for international networking among expatriates and global minds around the world. Our network also counts a considerable number of Swiss expats in Guinea, coming from all over Switzerland - from Graubünden over Ticino to Fribourg.
Fellow Swiss in Guinea
Find tips and advice on Guinea from Swiss Expats
Of course, expat living in Guinea is not just about shipping your belongings and filing in some bureaucratic papers. Regular socializing with fellow Swiss is an essential part of expat life and becoming accustomed to the Guinean way of life and mentality. InterNations helps you connect and meet up with other Swiss in Guinea, residing in Conakry, Kankan, Beyla and many other places throughout the country. Just take a look at our group of Swiss in Conakry.
If you ever wish to have a chat in your Swiss native language, discover where to shop for Swiss food or discuss the ZSC Lions' latest match, become a member of the Guinean InterNations Community:
- Look up our top quality network to get to know open-minded expats from Switzerland or German or French-speaking expatriates in Guinea.
- Obtain and share insider tips in our Guinea Expat Forums – e.g. how to hire a German or French-speaking babysitter for your children or where to buy mailänderli and Raclette cheese in Conakry.
- Search the InterNations Expat Guide for Guinea to get information on the local CCIS (Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Switzerland) or the nearest Swiss consulate.
From the pastoral Fouta Djallon highlands to the nature reserve of the Nimba Massif, we’ll help you connect with supportive and friendly Swiss expats in Guinea.
Join our expat activities and mingle with fellow Swiss in Guinea
Moreover, please feel free to attend our regular expat events and activities in Guinea. Our get-togethers include diverse interests and range from a cozy gathering to enjoy the traditional Guinean poulet yassa, to big expat celebrations with hundreds of participants in Conakry’s best locations. You can also participate in one of our expat trips to go and see the "Switzerland" of Guinea as well as other beautiful landmarks in Guinea.
Our meet-ups and activities are a great opportunity to mingle with expats from Switzerland and various other countries in a casual setting. Interested? Just send us your membership application and you’ll soon be receiving a cordial Grüezi from our Swiss living in Guinea!