Over 1 Million International Members
Connect with expatriates from around the globe
These are some of the 2000+ InterNations Ambassadors and Consuls who organize our official Events and Activities every month
Expat Events in your City
Choose from a wide range of popular Events and Activities worldwide
Our members meet up on a regular basis in 390 cities all over the world
One Worldwide Membership
Enjoy expat life in all countries of the world
You can start your expat adventure in Australia
and continue your journey in Vietnam
These are just a few of the destinations across the globe
where we have InterNations Communities
Information on International Living
Find helpful tips for your big move in our Expat Magazine
We also feature Country and City Guides for destinations like:
The Expatriate Community for Expats Worldwide
Our Mission: Make Life Easier for Expats!
InterNations is the first international community for all people living and working abroad. Founded in 2007 by three young entrepreneurs from Germany (former expatriates themselves), it has become the biggest expatriate network worldwide.
Our website now unites more than 1 million expats and global minds in all countries around the world. As a network based on trust, we help our members to find other expatriates in a similar situation, with comparable interests and needs.
InterNations members keep in touch with old friends and business contacts – or make new ones. In addition to networking online, our members meet up at local get-togethers around the globe, specifically geared towards the foreign community in town.
InterNations aims to make life easier for expats. In our Forum or our Discussion Groups, you can exchange expat-specific tips and advice.
Our Country and City Guides, as well as our Expat Magazine, provide a helpful resource for all things related to moving and living abroad: for example, information on jobs, tax issues, medical services, education, expatriation, and relocation.
Last but not least, we believe that we can truly make a difference together. Change starts with each and every one of us.
Expatriates often tend to be highly qualified and comparatively well-off; other people are unfortunately not as lucky. Therefore, we have thought of a way to give back to our communities.
The InterNations Volunteer Program is a worldwide initiative that involves several thousand members, who donate not "just" financial gifts, but also their time and talents to people in need. This is your chance to participate in monthly volunteering activities
Our Members: The Expat Community Worldwide
InterNations reaches out to the international community: diplomats, IGO and NGO staff, foreign correspondents, expatriate employees of multinational companies, and their families.
We also welcome "global citizens" who simply enjoy exploring another culture and living overseas, as well as those with strong ties to expat circles (e.g. journalists or "repatriates"). Internationality and diversity are among our strongest qualities.
InterNations is not only a global network. We are present locally in over 190 countries and nearly 400 cities worldwide.
It is the perfect platform to discuss life and culture in your new home away from home and to get info on your current city of residence – from shopping for food over language learning to purchasing property.
But no matter where we are: we always make sure that InterNations members can communicate, interact, and socialize in a safe and professional environment. We have high quality standards for membership and "netiquette".
We want everybody to feel welcome: after all, "nobody stands alone" is a motto central to the InterNations spirit.
We also take the concerns of our members seriously. Therefore, our site is pro-actively moderated to prevent abuse. Privacy, data protection, and security are top priorities for us. Your personal information will be in good hands.
Our Services for Expatriates
With InterNations, you can make new friends – online and offline:
- Receive a warm welcome from our InterNations Ambassador, the local contact person for newcomers and organizer of our official meet-ups.
- Connect with other expatriate members and global minds in every country.
- Use our advanced search tool to browse our member base (e.g. by location, occupation, interests).
- Attend our regular Events and Activities in about 300 cities across the globe.
- Turn Internet acquaintances into "face-to-face" friendships.
- Make a difference with the InterNations Volunteer Program and support an NPO in town.
Share thoughts and advice:
- Post in our World Forum or our Discussion Groups on various topics, from travel over sports to literature and poetry.
- Join the Town Talk for Q&A on your new hometown, info on jobs and housing, and more.
- Share your own experience and musings on life abroad with other InterNations members.
Benefit from helpful information and special offers:
- Check the "Places" section for useful addresses (restaurants, bars, sights, stores, schools, hospitals, etc.).
- Read our Expat Magazine for articles on all aspects of expatriation (e.g. finance, insurance, culture shock, cross-cultural communication, and family issues)
- Get access to editorial guides covering over 65 countries and 70 expatriate hotspots on all continents (e.g. San Francisco, Dubai, or Sydney).
- Dig deeper with our Extended Country Guides and get access to in-depth info on visa options, residence permits, healthcare, work, accommodation, public transport, driving, and more.
- Enjoy exclusive special offers from top brands.