Living in Johannesburg | from France
"After I followed my wife to Johannesburg, InterNations and its expat circles helped me find free-lance work with South African clients. "
Living in Johannesburg | from Denmark
"The InterNations community is just so large that you can easily find a like-minded expat sharing professional or personal interests."
InterNations - a trusted Network for Americans in Johannesburg
- Build up valuable contacts with like-minded Johannesburg expats
- Find reliable information and trustworthy tips about the expat life in Johannesburg
- Join top-class InterNations events to meet fellow expatriates in town
InterNations - A Place for Americans in Johannesburg
Welcome to all Americans in Johannesburg! Are you interested in getting to know fellow American expats in Johannesburg? Are you looking for advice from other Americans, e.g. in which bars in Johannesburg will Chicago Cubs' upcoming match be broadcasted or where in town to shop for peanut butter and marshmallow fluff?
You are cordially invited to take part in InterNations Johannesburg. Among the members of our international expat network, there is also a vibrant circle of American expats, coming from the Sunshine Belt, New England, the Mid-West and all parts of the USA.
American Expats in Johannesburg Posted:
Hey Rita, I've advertised my spare bedroom on Gumtree. I'm looking for a long-term flatmate, bu...
I'm up for it too, or traveling in general. Weekends in August is best for me at this point. Chee...
Hi Michelle, I don't know if you've found any Native Italian speakers to do a language exchange ...
Hi Preecilla and Mara, I have a two year old and we will most likely be moving to Fourways Garde...
Dear Kira You are relocating to the UAE? My wife and I live in Abu Dhabi. If you have any questi...
Hi Niels, Good day. My name is Ihemekwa Uchenna. i spoke to you via telephone yesterday.I am a f...
Fellow Americans in Johannesburg
American Expats in Johannesburg share their Experiences
InterNations is a place where American expats in Johannesburg exchange experiences and tips to support each other. Our community helps you make the most of your time in "Jo'Burg", "Jozi" or "Gauteng".
- Browse our Members Network to get to know Johannesburg’s American expats as well as other English-speaking global minds.
- Take part in our Expat Forums to obtain first hand tips from fellow American expats in Johannesburg.
- Use the Expat Guide for Johannesburg to find information, e.g. about the closest American diplomatic mission or regional AmCham.
Meet fellow Americans in Johannesburg at our Events
Our community in Johannesburg is also very active offline. Our InterNations Ambassadors, Maushami Chetty and Niels Bertschat, organize regular events and various expat activities, e.g. a dinner in Johannesburg’s hippest restaurant or a weekend break with other American expats to explore the Cape of Good Hope. These activities are a casual way to get to know expats from South Africa in Johannesburg as well as Americans in South Africa nationwide. Interested? Simply become a member and we’ll be happy to welcome you among our Americans living in Johannesburg!
- 87% of members have university degree
- Members are 30 to 60 years old (average: 38)
- Members come from 179 countries
- 53% expat women
- 47% expat men
American Expats in South Africa
Click on the map to find communities worldwide: