Living in Laos | from Italy
"I have been able to use the InterNations network to find other soccer enthusiasts in Vientiane. "
Living in Laos | from Great Britain
"The network of InterNations expats in Vientiane has created an environment where meeting other nationals is easy and enjoyable."
InterNations - a trusted Network for Swiss in Laos
- Join our community and get to know members of Laos’s vibrant expat community
- Receive reliable information and exchange insider tips about the Laotian expat living
- Meet fellow expatriates at top InterNations events in Vientiane, Savannakhet and many other regions
Meet Swiss Expatriates in Laos!
InterNations – Uniting Swiss living in Laos
Would you like to get in touch with other Swiss in Laos? Are you in need of help and advice from your Swiss compatriots? Or would you like to join other Swiss expats on an excursion to discover sights and landmarks – e.g. the temples, colonial era architecture, and night market of Luang Prabang?
Whether you have settled as an expat in Laos or are still living in Switzerland to plan your upcoming foreign assignment, InterNations Laos offers everything you require: Established in 2007, our trusted community has soon become the platform for international networking among expatriates and global minds around the world. Our network also counts a considerable number of Swiss expats in Laos, coming from all over Switzerland - from Graubünden over Ticino to Fribourg.
Fellow Swiss in Laos
Find tips and advice on Laos from Swiss Expats
Of course, expat living in Laos is not just about shipping your belongings and filing in some bureaucratic papers. Regular socializing with fellow Swiss is an essential part of expat life and becoming accustomed to the Laotian way of life and mentality. InterNations helps you connect and meet up with other Swiss in Laos, residing in Vientiane, Luang Namtha, Savannakhet and many other places throughout the country. Just take a look at our group of Swiss in Vientiane.
If you ever wish to have a chat in your Swiss native language, discover where to shop for Swiss food or discuss the ZSC Lions' latest match, become a member of the Laotian InterNations Community:
- Look up our top quality network to get to know open-minded expats from Switzerland or German or French-speaking expatriates in Laos.
- Obtain and share insider tips in our Laos Expat Forums – e.g. how to hire a German or French-speaking babysitter for your children or where to buy mailänderli and Raclette cheese in Vientiane.
- Search the InterNations Expat Guide for Laos to get information on the local CCIS (Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Switzerland) or the nearest Swiss consulate.
From the thickly forested mountain habitats to the plain of Vientane, we’ll help you connect with supportive and friendly Swiss expats in Laos.
Join our expat activities and mingle with fellow Swiss in Laos
Moreover, please feel free to attend our regular expat events and activities in Laos. Our get-togethers include diverse interests and range from a cozy gathering to enjoy the traditional Laotian larb with sticky rice, to big expat celebrations with hundreds of participants in Vientiane’s best locations. You can also participate in one of our expat trips to go and see the four thousand islands within the Mekong as well as other beautiful landmarks in Laos.
Our meet-ups and activities are a great opportunity to mingle with expats from Switzerland and various other countries in a casual setting. Interested? Just send us your membership application and you’ll soon be receiving a cordial Grüezi from our Swiss living in Laos!