Living in Libya | from Japan
"My favorite part about InterNations? The great network and friends that I've made among expats all around the globe!"
Living in Libya | from France
"InterNations gave me so much information on Tripoli that it made the transition to this new city so much easier."
InterNations - a trusted Network for Swedish in Libya
- Join our community and get to know members of Libya’s vibrant expat community
- Receive reliable information and exchange insider tips about the Libyan expat living
- Meet fellow expatriates at top InterNations events in Tripoli, Tobruk and many other regions
Meet Swedish Expatriates in Libya!
InterNations – Uniting Swedish living in Libya
Would you like to get in touch with other Swedish in Libya? Are you in need of help and advice from your Swedish compatriots? Or would you like to join other Swedish expats on an excursion to discover sights and landmarks – e.g. Shahhat and the ancient city of Cyrene?
Whether you have settled as an expat in Libya or are still living in Sweden to plan your upcoming foreign assignment, InterNations Libya offers everything you require: Established in 2007, our trusted community has soon become the platform for international networking among expatriates and global minds around the world. Our network also counts a considerable number of Swedish expats in Libya, coming from all over Sweden - from Jylland over Hovedstadden to Syddanmark.
Fellow Swedish in Libya
Find tips and advice on Libya from Swedish Expats
Of course, expat living in Libya is not just about shipping your belongings and filing in some bureaucratic papers. Regular socializing with fellow Swedish is an essential part of expat life and becoming accustomed to the Libyan way of life and mentality. InterNations helps you connect and meet up with other Swedish in Libya, residing in Tripoli, Benghazi, Tobruk and many other places throughout the country. Just take a look at our group of Swedish in Tripoli.
If you ever wish to have a chat in your Swedish native language, discover where to shop for Swedish food or discuss the Tre Kronor latest match, become a member of the Libyan InterNations Community:
- Look up our top quality network to get to know open-minded expats from Sweden or Swedish-speaking expatriates in Libya.
- Obtain and share insider tips in our Libya Expat Forums – e.g. how to hire a Swedish-speaking babysitter for your children or where to buy cinnamon whirls, lingonberry jam and hjortebakkels in Tripoli.
- Search the InterNations Expat Guide for Libya to get information on the local Scandinavian Women’s Association or the nearest Swedish consulate.
From the milder northern regions along the Libyan Sea to the pastoral zone of sparse grassland at the edge of the desert, we’ll help you connect with supportive and friendly Swedish expats in Libya.
Join our expat activities and mingle with fellow Swedish in Libya
Moreover, please feel free to attend our regular expat events and activities in Libya. Our get-togethers include diverse interests and range from a cozy gathering to enjoy the traditional Libyan usban, to big expat celebrations with hundreds of participants in Tripoli’s best locations. You can also participate in one of our expat trips to go and see Tripoli's Arch of Marcus Aurelius as well as other beautiful landmarks in Libya.
Our meet-ups and activities are a great opportunity to mingle with expats from Sweden and various other countries in a casual setting. Interested? Just send us your membership application and you’ll soon be receiving a cordial Välkommen & Velkommen from our Swedish living in Libya!