Living in Mauritania | from France
"Are you an expat interested in global networking, from Nouakchott to New York? Simply become a member of InterNations, just as I did. "
Living in Mauritania | from Great Britain
"The local expat community here in Mauritania gave me helpful hints on housing, transport and much more…"
InterNations - a trusted Network for Australians in Mauritania
- Join our community and get to know members of Mauritania’s vibrant expat community
- Receive reliable information and exchange insider tips about the Mauritanian expat living
- Meet fellow expatriates at top InterNations events in Nouakchott, Nouadhibou and many other regions
Meet Australian Expatriates in Mauritania!
InterNations – Uniting Australians living in Mauritania
Would you like to get in touch with other Australians in Mauritania? Are you in need of help and advice from your Australian compatriots? Or would you like to join other Australian expats on an excursion to discover sights and landmarks – e.g. the Franco-Mauritanian Cultural Centre?
Whether you have settled as an expat in Mauritania or are still living in Australia to plan your upcoming foreign assignment, InterNations Mauritania offers everything you require: Established in 2007, our trusted community has soon become the platform for international networking among expatriates and global minds around the world. Our network also counts a considerable number of Australian expats in Mauritania, coming from all over Australia - from Queensland over Victoria to New South Wales.
Fellow Australians in Mauritania
Find tips and advice on Mauritania from Australian Expats
Of course, expat living in Mauritania is not just about shipping your belongings and filing in some bureaucratic papers. Regular socializing with fellow Australian is an essential part of expat life and becoming accustomed to the Mauritanian way of life and mentality. InterNations helps you connect and meet up with other Australians in Mauritania, residing in Nouakchott, Tichit, Nouadhibou and many other places throughout the country. Just take a look at our group of Australians in Nouakchott.
If you ever wish to have a chat in your Australian native language, discover where to shop for Australian food or discuss the Brisbane Lions' latest match, become a member of the Mauritanian InterNations Community:
- Look up our top quality network to get to know open-minded expats from Australia or English-speaking expatriates in Mauritania.
- Obtain and share insider tips in our Mauritania Expat Forums – e.g. how to hire a English-speaking babysitter for your children or where to buy Tim Tam biscuits and marmite in Nouakchott.
- Search the InterNations Expat Guide for Mauritania to get information on the local ANZA club or the nearest Australian consulate.
From the north-central region of Kediet ej Jill to the Senegal River Valley, we’ll help you connect with supportive and friendly Australian expats in Mauritania.
Join our expat activities and mingle with fellow Australians in Mauritania
Moreover, please feel free to attend our regular expat events and activities in Mauritania. Our get-togethers include diverse interests and range from a cozy gathering to enjoy the traditional Mauritanian chebujin, to big expat celebrations with hundreds of participants in Nouakchott’s best locations. You can also participate in one of our expat trips to go and see the many fishing villages along the coast as well as other beautiful landmarks in Mauritania.
Our meet-ups and activities are a great opportunity to mingle with expats from Australia and various other countries in a casual setting. Interested? Just send us your membership application and you’ll soon be receiving a cordial Welcome from our Australians living in Mauritania!
- 87% of members have university degree
- Members are 30 to 60 years old (average: 38)
- Members come from 179 countries
- 53% expat women
- 47% expat men
Australian Expats in Mauritania
Click on the map to find communities worldwide: