Living in Netherlands | from Canada
"With InterNations as my network, I have been able to make many friends learn the ins and outs about living in The Hague."
Living in Netherlands | from Indonesia
"Making new friends and contacts in the Hague was much easier once I began to attent InterNations events."
InterNations - a trusted Network for Americans in the Netherlands
- Join our community and get to know members of Netherlands’s vibrant expat community
- Receive reliable information and exchange insider tips about the Dutch expat living
- Meet fellow expatriates at top InterNations events in Amsterdam, Rotterdam and many other regions
Meet American Expatriates in the Netherlands!
InterNations – Connecting Americans living in Netherlands
Are you looking for fellow Americans in the Netherlands? Do you need advice and tips from your American countrymen? Or would you like to go for a trip with other American expats to discover attractions like the quaint clichés of flower fields, canals and windmills together?
Whether you are already living as an expat in the Netherlands or still residing at home in the United States to prepare your relocation abroad, InterNations Netherlands provides you with all you need: Founded in 2007, our trusted community has quickly established itself as the international networking platform for expats and global minds worldwide. Among our members there is also a sizable number of American expats in the Netherlands, planting their roots across the USA - from New England, over the Sunshine Belt to the Mid-West.
Fellow Americans in the Netherlands
Receive Information and Tips about the Netherlands from American Expats
Obviously, expat life in the Netherlands is not only about packing boxes and getting some paperwork done. The regular exchange with American compatriots is also an important aspect of the expat experience to get accustomed to the Dutch culture and people. InterNations helps you to get to know and exchange with other Americans in the Netherlands, living in Amsterdam, The Hague, Rotterdam and many other places across the country. Just visit our network of Americans in Amsterdam or Americans in The Hague.
So, if you should ever feel like speaking your American mother tongue, finding out where to shop for American food or chatting about Chicago Cubs' latest match, join the Dutch InterNations Community:
- Browse our high-quality expat network to find like-minded expatriates from the USA or English-speaking expats in the Netherlands.
- Receive and share advice in our Netherlands Expat Forums – e.g. how to find a English-speaking nanny for your kids or where to shop for peanut butter and marshmallow fluff in Amsterdam.
- Browse the InterNations Expat Guide for the Netherlands to find institutions like the local AmCham or the nearest American embassy.
From the linguistically unique province of Friesland to the Ijsselmeer, we’ll get you in touch with helpful and friendly American expats in Netherlands.
Take part in various Expat Activities to meet fellow Americans in the Netherlands
In addition, you are cordially invited to participate in our regular expat events and excursions taking place in the Netherlands. Activities cover various interests and range from a small expat dinner to enjoy the traditional Dutch stamppot, to big expat get-togethers with hundreds of guests in Amsterdam’s top locations. You may also join one of our expat excursions for a weekend trip together with our group of Americans in Rotterdam to visit modern urban life in Amsterdam and other impressive landmarks across the Netherlands.
This way, our events and activities are a very nice occasion to meet fellow expats from the USAand around the world in a casual atmosphere. Interested? Simply request your personal invitation to become a member and you’ll soon be welcomed with a warm Welcome from our Americans living in the Netherlands!
- 87% of members have university degree
- Members are 30 to 60 years old (average: 38)
- Members come from 179 countries
- 53% expat women
- 47% expat men
American Expats in the Netherlands
Click on the map to find communities worldwide: