Living in New Zealand | from Turkey
"With all of the information that InterNations provided on Wellington, it made my move from Turkey easier than I could have imagined."
Living in New Zealand | from USA
"Since I knew about the active expat network in New Zealand, InterNations made moving to Wellington more exciting than it had seemed before."
InterNations - a trusted Network for Portuguese in New Zealand
- Join our community and get to know members of New Zealand’s vibrant expat community
- Receive reliable information and exchange insider tips about the "New Zealandish" expat living
- Meet fellow expatriates at top InterNations events in Wellington, Auckland and many other regions
Meet Portuguese Expatriates in New Zealand!
InterNations – Connecting Portuguese living in New Zealand
Are you looking for fellow Portuguese in New Zealand? Do you need advice and tips from your Portuguese countrymen? Or would you like to go for a trip with other Portuguese expats to discover attractions like the nation's Art Deco capital together?
Whether you are already living as an expat in New Zealand or still residing at home in Portugal to prepare your relocation abroad, InterNations New Zealand provides you with all you need: Founded in 2007, our trusted community has quickly established itself as the international networking platform for expats and global minds worldwide. Among our members there is also a sizable number of Portuguese expats in New Zealand, planting their roots across Portugal - from Coimbra, over Faro to Vila Real.
Fellow Portuguese in New Zealand
Receive Information and Tips about New Zealand from Portuguese Expats
Obviously, expat life in New Zealand is not only about packing boxes and getting some paperwork done. The regular exchange with Portuguese compatriots is also an important aspect of the expat experience to get accustomed to the "New Zealandish" culture and people. InterNations helps you to get to know and exchange with other Portuguese in New Zealand, living in Wellington, Christchurch, Auckland and many other places across the country. Just visit our network of Portuguese in Wellington or Portuguese in Auckland.
So, if you should ever feel like speaking your Portuguese mother tongue, finding out where to shop for Portuguese food or chatting about F.C.Porto's latest match, join the "New Zealandish" InterNations Community:
- Browse our high-quality expat network to find like-minded expatriates from Portugal or Portuguese-speaking expats in New Zealand.
- Receive and share advice in our New Zealand Expat Forums – e.g. how to find a Portuguese-speaking nanny for your kids or where to shop for chouriço sausages or pastel de nata tarts in Wellington.
- Browse the InterNations Expat Guide for New Zealand to find institutions like the local Instituto Camoes or the nearest Portuguese embassy.
From Windy Wellington to the South Island, we’ll get you in touch with helpful and friendly Portuguese expats in New Zealand.
Take part in various Expat Activities to meet fellow Portuguese in New Zealand
In addition, you are cordially invited to participate in our regular expat events and excursions taking place in New Zealand. Activities cover various interests and range from a small expat dinner to enjoy the traditional "New Zealandish" pavlova, to big expat get-togethers with hundreds of guests in Wellington’s top locations. You may also join one of our expat excursions for a weekend trip together with our group of Portuguese in Polynesia to visit a wealth of national parks, rural areas and out-of-the-way places and other impressive landmarks across New Zealand.
This way, our events and activities are a very nice occasion to meet fellow expats from Portugaland around the world in a casual atmosphere. Interested? Simply request your personal invitation to become a member and you’ll soon be welcomed with a warm Bem-vindo from our Portuguese living in New Zealand!
- 87% of members have university degree
- Members are 30 to 60 years old (average: 38)
- Members come from 179 countries
- 53% expat women
- 47% expat men
Portuguese Expats in New Zealand
Click on the map to find communities worldwide: