Living in Ottawa | from Spain
"When I started my new business in Ottawa, I found several contacts in expat circles due to the InterNations Ottawa community."
Living in Ottawa | from Cameroon
"In a big city like Ottawa, it was great to get some tips from fellow expats on how to find a good real-estate agant and a new appartment."
InterNations - a trusted Network for French in Ottawa
- Build up valuable contacts with like-minded Ottawa expats
- Find reliable information and trustworthy tips about the expat life in Ottawa
- Join top-class InterNations events to meet fellow expatriates in town
InterNations - A Place for French in Ottawa
Bienvenue to all French in Ottawa! Would you like to meet fellow French expats in Ottawa? Would you like to get insider suggestions from other French, e.g. where in Ottawa FC Bordeaux's next match is shown in TV or in which shops in town can you shop for herbes de Provence and the best French vintage?
We would like to invite you to become a member of InterNations Ottawa. As a member of InterNations, you will have access to an active group of French expats, hailing from Normandy, Burgundy, Provence and all regions of France.
French Expats in Ottawa Posted:
Hi Cristina, I am both french and portuguese but the latter is kind of rusty and I want to impro...
Hi Cor, Welcome (soon) to Ottawa; I'm from France and came to Canada in 1996 with a landed immi...
thanks. Let me know if you decide to go.
Fellow French in Ottawa
French Expats in Ottawa help you with their advice
With InterNations, French expats in Ottawa are able to find the help that they need as well as lots of valuable information. Our community supports you take advantage of your stay in Canada's capital, named after the Odaawaa first nations people and now nicknamed "Bytown".
- Look through our Members Network to connect with Ottawa’s French expats and fellow French-speaking internationals.
- Become active in our Expat Forums in order to find insider tips and suggestions from fellow French expats in Ottawa.
- Make full use of the Expat Guide for Ottawa to obtain important information, e.g. where is the nearest French embassy or Institut Français in town.
Mix and mingle with French in Ottawa at our Events
Our Ottawa community is also lively and welcoming offline. The InterNations Ambassadors, Peter Hanes and Michel Cimpaye, host regular get-togethers and a range of expat activities, e.g. a chic dining experience in Ottawa’s trendiest restaurant or a weekend get-away with fellow French expats to discover Prince Edward Island. These activities make it easy for you get to know other expats from Canada in Ottawa and generally French in Canada in a comfortable setting. If this sounds interesting to you, and you would like to become a member, simply request your membership and we would be more than happy to welcome you among our French living in Ottawa!