Living in Senegal | from Japan
"Only a motorsports rallye? As an expat, I learned a lot about Senegal's green energy sector: InterNations lets me share my knowledge. "
Living in Senegal | from Indonesia
"As an expat in West Africa, I appreciate Dakar's contemporary art exhibitions -- I love making discoveries with my InterNations friends. "
InterNations - a trusted Network for Swiss in Senegal
- Join our community and get to know members of Senegal’s vibrant expat community
- Receive reliable information and exchange insider tips about the Senegalese expat living
- Meet fellow expatriates at top InterNations events in Dakar, Tambacounda and many other regions
Meet Swiss Expatriates in Senegal!
InterNations – Uniting Swiss living in Senegal
Would you like to get in touch with other Swiss in Senegal? Are you in need of help and advice from your Swiss compatriots? Or would you like to join other Swiss expats on an excursion to discover sights and landmarks – e.g. various ports and harbour towns?
Whether you have settled as an expat in Senegal or are still living in Switzerland to plan your upcoming foreign assignment, InterNations Senegal offers everything you require: Established in 2007, our trusted community has soon become the platform for international networking among expatriates and global minds around the world. Our network also counts a considerable number of Swiss expats in Senegal, coming from all over Switzerland - from Graubünden over Ticino to Fribourg.
Fellow Swiss in Senegal
Find tips and advice on Senegal from Swiss Expats
Of course, expat living in Senegal is not just about shipping your belongings and filing in some bureaucratic papers. Regular socializing with fellow Swiss is an essential part of expat life and becoming accustomed to the Senegalese way of life and mentality. InterNations helps you connect and meet up with other Swiss in Senegal, residing in Dakar, Saint-Louis, Tambacounda and many other places throughout the country. Just take a look at our group of Swiss in Dakar.
If you ever wish to have a chat in your Swiss native language, discover where to shop for Swiss food or discuss the ZSC Lions' latest match, become a member of the Senegalese InterNations Community:
- Look up our top quality network to get to know open-minded expats from Switzerland or German or French-speaking expatriates in Senegal.
- Obtain and share insider tips in our Senegal Expat Forums – e.g. how to hire a German or French-speaking babysitter for your children or where to buy mailänderli and Raclette cheese in Dakar.
- Search the InterNations Expat Guide for Senegal to get information on the local CCIS (Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Switzerland) or the nearest Swiss consulate.
From the Mouride conurbation (the spiritual centre of Senegal's Sufi brotherhood) to the Cap-Vert peninsula, we’ll help you connect with supportive and friendly Swiss expats in Senegal.
Join our expat activities and mingle with fellow Swiss in Senegal
Moreover, please feel free to attend our regular expat events and activities in Senegal. Our get-togethers include diverse interests and range from a cozy gathering to enjoy the traditional Senegalese thieboudienne, to big expat celebrations with hundreds of participants in Dakar’s best locations. You can also participate in one of our expat trips to go and see places of religion and contemplation for West African Muslims as well as other beautiful landmarks in Senegal.
Our meet-ups and activities are a great opportunity to mingle with expats from Switzerland and various other countries in a casual setting. Interested? Just send us your membership application and you’ll soon be receiving a cordial Grüezi from our Swiss living in Senegal!