Living in Sierra Leone | from Italy
"Tips from other Freetown expats and locals opened my eyes to Sierra Leone's many facets, from town masquerades to national parks."
Living in Sierra Leone | from France
"My expat contacts in the NGO circles of Freetown supported me a lot in getting adjusted to daily life in this country. "
InterNations - a trusted Network for Portuguese in Sierra Leone
- Join our community and get to know members of Sierra Leone’s vibrant expat community
- Receive reliable information and exchange insider tips about the Sierra Leonian expat living
- Meet fellow expatriates at top InterNations events in Freetown, Kenema and many other regions
Meet Portuguese Expatriates in Sierra Leone!
InterNations – Uniting Portuguese living in Sierra Leone
Would you like to get in touch with other Portuguese in Sierra Leone? Are you in need of help and advice from your Portuguese compatriots? Or would you like to join other Portuguese expats on an excursion to discover sights and landmarks – e.g. the coastal belt of mangrove swamps?
Whether you have settled as an expat in Sierra Leone or are still living in Portugal to plan your upcoming foreign assignment, InterNations Sierra Leone offers everything you require: Established in 2007, our trusted community has soon become the platform for international networking among expatriates and global minds around the world. Our network also counts a considerable number of Portuguese expats in Sierra Leone, coming from all over Portugal - from Coimbra over Faro to Vila Real.
Fellow Portuguese in Sierra Leone
Find tips and advice on Sierra Leone from Portuguese Expats
Of course, expat living in Sierra Leone is not just about shipping your belongings and filing in some bureaucratic papers. Regular socializing with fellow Portuguese is an essential part of expat life and becoming accustomed to the Sierra Leonian way of life and mentality. InterNations helps you connect and meet up with other Portuguese in Sierra Leone, residing in Freetown, Bo, Kenema and many other places throughout the country. Just take a look at our group of Portuguese in Freetown.
If you ever wish to have a chat in your Portuguese native language, discover where to shop for Portuguese food or discuss the F.C.Porto's latest match, become a member of the Sierra Leonian InterNations Community:
- Look up our top quality network to get to know open-minded expats from Portugal or Portuguese-speaking expatriates in Sierra Leone.
- Obtain and share insider tips in our Sierra Leone Expat Forums – e.g. how to hire a Portuguese-speaking babysitter for your children or where to buy chouriço sausages or pastel de nata tarts in Freetown.
- Search the InterNations Expat Guide for Sierra Leone to get information on the local Instituto Camoes or the nearest Portuguese consulate.
From the Loma Mountains Forest Reserve to Freetown's coastal peninsula, we’ll help you connect with supportive and friendly Portuguese expats in Sierra Leone.
Join our expat activities and mingle with fellow Portuguese in Sierra Leone
Moreover, please feel free to attend our regular expat events and activities in Sierra Leone. Our get-togethers include diverse interests and range from a cozy gathering to enjoy the traditional Sierra Leonian groundnut stew, to big expat celebrations with hundreds of participants in Freetown’s best locations. You can also participate in one of our expat trips to go and see the unspoiled beaches near the capital as well as other beautiful landmarks in Sierra Leone.
Our meet-ups and activities are a great opportunity to mingle with expats from Portugal and various other countries in a casual setting. Interested? Just send us your membership application and you’ll soon be receiving a cordial Bem-vindo from our Portuguese living in Sierra Leone!
- 87% of members have university degree
- Members are 30 to 60 years old (average: 38)
- Members come from 179 countries
- 53% expat women
- 47% expat men
Portuguese Expats in Sierra Leone
Click on the map to find communities worldwide: