Living in Sierra Leone, from Italy
"Tips from other Freetown expats and locals opened my eyes to Sierra Leone's many facets, from town masquerades to national parks."
Living in Sierra Leone, from France
"My expat contacts in the NGO circles of Freetown supported me a lot in getting adjusted to daily life in this country. "
InterNations - a trusted Network for Portuguese in Sierra Leone
- Join our community and get to know members of Sierra Leone’s vibrant expat community
- Receive reliable information and exchange insider tips about the Sierra Leonian expat living
- Meet fellow expatriates at top InterNations events in Freetown, Kenema and many other regions
InterNations – Connecting Portuguese living in Sierra Leone
Are you looking for fellow Portuguese in Sierra Leone? Do you need advice and tips from your Portuguese countrymen? Or would you like to go for a trip with other Portuguese expats to discover attractions like the Loma Mountains Forest Reserve together?
Whether you are already living as an expat in Sierra Leone or still residing at home in Portugal to prepare your relocation abroad, InterNations Sierra Leone provides you with all you need: Founded in 2007, our trusted community has quickly established itself as the international networking platform for expats and global minds worldwide. Among our members there is also a number of Portuguese expats in Sierra Leone, hailing from all across Portugal - from Faro, over Porto to Lisbon.
Fellow Portuguese in Sierra Leone
Receive Information and Tips about Sierra Leone from Portuguese Expats
Obviously, embarking on expat life in Sierra Leone is not only about packing boxes and getting some paperwork done. The regular exchange with your Portuguese compatriots is also an important aspect of the expat experience and can help you get accustomed to the Sierra Leonian culture and people. InterNations helps you meet and interact with other Portuguese in Sierra Leone, living in Freetown, Kenema, Bo and many other places across the country. Just take a look at our group of Portuguese in Freetown.
So, if you should ever feel like speaking your mother tongue, finding out where to shop for Portuguese food, or chatting about your favorite team’s latest match, join the Portuguese InterNations Community:
- Browse our high-quality expat network to find like-minded expatriates from Portugal in Sierra Leone.
- Receive and share advice in our Sierra Leone Expat Forums – e.g. how to find a nanny speaking your kids’ native tongue or where to shop for cozido à Portuguesa in Freetown...
- Browse the InterNations Places database for Sierra Leone to find institutions like the nearest Portuguese embassy and many others.
From the Loma Mountains Forest Reserve to Freetown's coastal peninsula, we’ll get you in touch with helpful and friendly Portuguese expats in Sierra Leone.
Take Part in Various Expat Activities to Meet Fellow Portuguese in Sierra Leone
Additionally, you are cordially invited to participate in our regular expat events and activities taking place in Sierra Leone. Our events cover various interests and range from a small expat dinner to enjoy the traditional Sierra Leonian groundnut stew, to big expat get-togethers with hundreds of guests in Freetown's top locations. You may also join one of our expat excursions for a weekend trip to visit the coastal belt of mangrove swamps, the unspoiled beaches near the capital, and other impressive landmarks across Sierra Leone.
This way, our events and activities are a very nice occasion to meet fellow expats from Portugal and around the world in a casual atmosphere. Interested? Sign up for membership and you’ll soon be welcomed with a warm Olá from our Portuguese living in Sierra Leone!
- 87% of members have university degree
- Members are 30 to 60 years old (average: 38)
- Members come from 179 countries
- 53% expat women
- 47% expat men
Portuguese Expats in Sierra Leone
Click on the map to find communities worldwide: