Living in Slovenia | from Italy
"Previously I was not a big friend of social networks, but the high quality of the InterNations members convinced me to join -- and stay."
Living in Slovenia | from Germany
"The InterNations expat community helped me so much to find a nice flat here in Ljubljana. A big thanks to its members!."
InterNations - a trusted Network for Swiss in Slovenia
- Join our community and get to know members of Slovenia’s vibrant expat community
- Receive reliable information and exchange insider tips about the Slovenian expat living
- Meet fellow expatriates at top InterNations events in Ljubljana, Piran and many other regions
Meet Swiss Expatriates in Slovenia!
InterNations – Connecting Swiss living in Slovenia
Are you looking for fellow Swiss in Slovenia? Do you need advice and tips from your Swiss countrymen? Or would you like to go for a trip with other Swiss expats to discover attractions like the picturesque Kamniške alps together?
Whether you are already living as an expat in Slovenia or still residing at home in Switzerland to prepare your relocation abroad, InterNations Slovenia provides you with all you need: Founded in 2007, our trusted community has quickly established itself as the international networking platform for expats and global minds worldwide. Among our members there is also a sizable number of Swiss expats in Slovenia, planting their roots across Switzerland - from Graubünden, over Ticino to Fribourg.
Fellow Swiss in Slovenia
Receive Information and Tips about Slovenia from Swiss Expats
Obviously, expat life in Slovenia is not only about packing boxes and getting some paperwork done. The regular exchange with Swiss compatriots is also an important aspect of the expat experience to get accustomed to the Slovenian culture and people. InterNations helps you to get to know and exchange with other Swiss in Slovenia, living in Ljubljana, Maribor, Piran and many other places across the country. Just visit our network of Swiss in Ljubljana.
So, if you should ever feel like speaking your Swiss mother tongue, finding out where to shop for Swiss food or chatting about ZSC Lions' latest match, join the Slovenian InterNations Community:
- Browse our high-quality expat network to find like-minded expatriates from Switzerland or German or French-speaking expats in Slovenia.
- Receive and share advice in our Slovenia Expat Forums – e.g. how to find a German or French-speaking nanny for your kids or where to shop for mailänderli and Raclette cheese in Ljubljana.
- Browse the InterNations Expat Guide for Slovenia to find institutions like the local CCIS (Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Switzerland) or the nearest Swiss embassy.
From the Slovene Littoral, especially in bi-lingual, quasi-Italian Istria, to Lower Styria, the famous white wine province, we’ll get you in touch with helpful and friendly Swiss expats in Slovenia.
Take part in various Expat Activities to meet fellow Swiss in Slovenia
In addition, you are cordially invited to participate in our regular expat events and excursions taking place in Slovenia. Activities cover various interests and range from a small expat dinner to enjoy the traditional Slovenian potica, to big expat get-togethers with hundreds of guests in Ljubljana’s top locations. You may also join one of our expat excursions for a weekend trip to visit the gorgeous Venetian port of Piran and other impressive landmarks across Slovenia.
This way, our events and activities are a very nice occasion to meet fellow expats from Switzerlandand around the world in a casual atmosphere. Interested? Simply request your personal invitation to become a member and you’ll soon be welcomed with a warm Grüezi from our Swiss living in Slovenia!