Living in Suriname | from Australia
"I like being connected to people all over the world, especially to other expats in Suriname and its neighbouring states in South America."
Living in Suriname | from Germany
"Getting around in Paramaribo is challenging if you don't know the city. InterNations quickly helped me discover the best locations. "
InterNations - a trusted Network for Swiss in Suriname
- Join our community and get to know members of Suriname’s vibrant expat community
- Receive reliable information and exchange insider tips about the Surinamese expat living
- Meet fellow expatriates at top InterNations events in Paramaribo, Paranam and many other regions
Meet Swiss Expatriates in Suriname!
InterNations – Uniting Swiss living in Suriname
Would you like to get in touch with other Swiss in Suriname? Are you in need of help and advice from your Swiss compatriots? Or would you like to join other Swiss expats on an excursion to discover sights and landmarks – e.g. the bird and monkey paradise at Raleighvallen?
Whether you have settled as an expat in Suriname or are still living in Switzerland to plan your upcoming foreign assignment, InterNations Suriname offers everything you require: Established in 2007, our trusted community has soon become the platform for international networking among expatriates and global minds around the world. Our network also counts a considerable number of Swiss expats in Suriname, coming from all over Switzerland - from Graubünden over Ticino to Fribourg.
Fellow Swiss in Suriname
Find tips and advice on Suriname from Swiss Expats
Of course, expat living in Suriname is not just about shipping your belongings and filing in some bureaucratic papers. Regular socializing with fellow Swiss is an essential part of expat life and becoming accustomed to the Surinamese way of life and mentality. InterNations helps you connect and meet up with other Swiss in Suriname, residing in Paramaribo, Albina, Paranam and many other places throughout the country. Just take a look at our group of Swiss in Paramaribo.
If you ever wish to have a chat in your Swiss native language, discover where to shop for Swiss food or discuss the ZSC Lions' latest match, become a member of the Surinamese InterNations Community:
- Look up our top quality network to get to know open-minded expats from Switzerland or German or French-speaking expatriates in Suriname.
- Obtain and share insider tips in our Suriname Expat Forums – e.g. how to hire a German or French-speaking babysitter for your children or where to buy mailänderli and Raclette cheese in Paramaribo.
- Search the InterNations Expat Guide for Suriname to get information on the local CCIS (Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Switzerland) or the nearest Swiss consulate.
From the upper Coppename River watershed to the historical centre of the capital district, we’ll help you connect with supportive and friendly Swiss expats in Suriname.
Join our expat activities and mingle with fellow Swiss in Suriname
Moreover, please feel free to attend our regular expat events and activities in Suriname. Our get-togethers include diverse interests and range from a cozy gathering to enjoy the traditional Surinamese its variety of ethnic food (mostly Javanese-inspired), to big expat celebrations with hundreds of participants in Paramaribo’s best locations. You can also participate in one of our expat trips to go and see the vast Surinamese Rainforest as well as other beautiful landmarks in Suriname.
Our meet-ups and activities are a great opportunity to mingle with expats from Switzerland and various other countries in a casual setting. Interested? Just send us your membership application and you’ll soon be receiving a cordial Grüezi from our Swiss living in Suriname!