Living in USA | from Great Britain
"When first moving to Washington, D.C., I didn't know many people outside of the office. InterNations has changed that with some exciting events."
Living in USA | from Canada
"In such an international city such as Washington, D.C. InterNations holds great events for everyone to network and enjoy themselves."
InterNations - a trusted Network for Swiss in the USA
- Join our community and get to know members of USA’s vibrant expat community
- Receive reliable information and exchange insider tips about the American expat living
- Meet fellow expatriates at top InterNations events in Washington D.C., Los Angeles and many other regions
Meet Swiss Expatriates in the USA!
InterNations – Connecting Swiss living in USA
Are you looking for fellow Swiss in the USA? Do you need advice and tips from your Swiss countrymen? Or would you like to go for a trip with other Swiss expats to discover attractions like the Sierras of California together?
Whether you are already living as an expat in the USA or still residing at home in Switzerland to prepare your relocation abroad, InterNations USA provides you with all you need: Founded in 2007, our trusted community has quickly established itself as the international networking platform for expats and global minds worldwide. Among our members there is also a sizable number of Swiss expats in the United States, planting their roots across Switzerland - from Graubünden, over Ticino to Fribourg.
Fellow Swiss in the USA
Receive Information and Tips about the USA from Swiss Expats
Obviously, expat life in the USA is not only about packing boxes and getting some paperwork done. The regular exchange with Swiss compatriots is also an important aspect of the expat experience to get accustomed to the American culture and people. InterNations helps you to get to know and exchange with other Swiss in the USA, living in Washington D.C., New York City, Los Angeles and many other places across the country. Just visit our network of Swiss in Washington or Swiss in New York.
So, if you should ever feel like speaking your Swiss mother tongue, finding out where to shop for Swiss food or chatting about ZSC Lions' latest match, join the American InterNations Community:
- Browse our high-quality expat network to find like-minded expatriates from Switzerland or German or French-speaking expats in the USA.
- Receive and share advice in our USA Expat Forums – e.g. how to find a German or French-speaking nanny for your kids or where to shop for mailänderli and Raclette cheese in Washington D.C..
- Browse the InterNations Expat Guide for the USA to find institutions like the local CCIS (Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Switzerland) or the nearest Swiss embassy.
From the picturesque landscapes of the South to the pleasantly mild Pacific Northwest, we’ll get you in touch with helpful and friendly Swiss expats in USA.
Take part in various Expat Activities to meet fellow Swiss in the USA
In addition, you are cordially invited to participate in our regular expat events and excursions taking place in the USA. Activities cover various interests and range from a small expat dinner to enjoy the traditional American stuffed turkey, to big expat get-togethers with hundreds of guests in Washington D.C.’s top locations. You may also join one of our expat excursions for a weekend trip together with our group of Swiss in Los Angeles to visit the gabled churches and small towns of New England and other impressive landmarks across the USA.
This way, our events and activities are a very nice occasion to meet fellow expats from Switzerlandand around the world in a casual atmosphere. Interested? Simply request your personal invitation to become a member and you’ll soon be welcomed with a warm Grüezi from our Swiss living in the USA!