Due to confidentiality with our client, the name of the company cannot be disclosed. However, you shall know that the company is in the banking sector.
It is seeking an Anglophone or Bilingual (English & French) Fund Accountant Supervisor to join them asap!
If you are interested and think you meet the requirements hereunder mentionned, please inbox me.
Below are job functions and requirements.
Essential job functions:
• Supervise a team of fund accountants in all aspects of fund administration
• Coordinate, supervise and review the end-to-end process of fund accounting, including booking all fund transactions, position and cash reconciliations, month end valuations, corporate action processing, and production of monthly financial and investor statements
• Financial statement preparation and review includes: the statement of assets and liabilities, schedule of net asset value per share, statement of operations, statement of changes in shareholders’ equity, and the statement of cash flows
• Ensure security types are accounted for correctly, including equities, fixed income, options, futures, and many other derivative investments
• Account for a variety of hedge fund types, including US domestic partnerships, offshore limited partnerships, corporations, trusts, and limited liability companies
• Interact with portfolio managers, prime brokers, and legal counsel of the funds
• Utilize state-of-the-art software like Advent Geneva and Advent Partner
• Utilize different methods of accounting for offshore and onshore performance requirements
• Receive, and where applicable deliver training on all aspects of Hedge Funds from practice leaders
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
• A minimum of five years of investment accounting experience
• Prior experience in supervisory role
• Prior experience with hedge funds is preferred
• Understanding of the securities and financial markets
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of Bloomberg, and Advent Geneva or Advent Partner Protected content plus
• Strong organizational and analytical skills and the ability to effectively summarize findings, both verbally and in writing