Ace Global Depository is looking for a RELATIONSHIP MANAGER in the following countries : Bénin, Cameroun, Ghana, Guinée Bissau, Guinée Conakry, Mali, Sénégal and Sierra Leone.
Reports to: Regional Relationship/Group Relationship Manager & Country Manager, at AOC level.
To assist the Regional Relationship Manager in his/her role of marketing ACE services to a diverse range of clients over the world and work hand with different departments in ACE group to ensure deliverable to our customers.
Overall responsibility: He/she will assist the Marketing Manager in creating and obtaining sign-off for new deals. He/she will have in-depth knowledge of all the services offered by ACE, have the ability to customize products and create new offerings for unique client needs, educate ACE and external clients/partners around on ACE and bank services, and train the ACE staff on new products and how they function on an operational level.
• Understand the regulations and legal requirements for the specific country/region to perform ACE Services in the specific region. Understand the specific commodity measurement, process, mechanism, etc per country. (Commodity Profile). A deal can be originated by any person in ACE Group but must be forwarded to relationship team immediately.
• With the assistance of Technical Support Services Manager and Borrower, prepare Commodity Profile Specifics, ACE Credit Shield Insurance Questionnaire, KYCC in ACE approved format.
• With the assistance of Legal Officer, prepare Commodity Format legal,
• Perform due diligence on the transaction (KYCC to be used) to identify all the risks associated with the transaction and prepare risk Mitigant structure in the attached format to be shared with all parties involved in the transaction.
• Makes a recommendation in ACE approved format Relationship Manager’s Recommendation (RMR) to the CSAC at AOC level.
• Review the contracts with assistance of legal department, based on the ACE services to be performed.
• Sends the CPS, the KYCC, the ACE Credit Shield, CLF, draft contracts and KYCC to the Credit Support Manager and the Technical Support Services Manager
• Communicate the findings to the lenders and confirm ACE involvement in the operation and any recommendations made by credit support manager as a result of storage facility inspection.
• Obtain Communication in writing from the lender on ACE engagement or intention to engage ACE and communicate to Finance Manager and Risk Manager.
• Identify a potential client and assess their needs
• Capture potential clients and deals on the E5C system
• Attend meeting with prospect and existing clients and write call report just after the meeting with action points, responsible person and time framework
• Convert potential deals to live deals (targets signed each year)
• Present new deals to approval forum (credit support approval committee)
• Draft term sheets and mandate letters
• Maintain database of all the commodities traded covering countries of origin, statistics key players, quality specifications, etc,
• Obtain information required to perform due diligence on the borrower from the bank where the bank has approved the facility of from either the bank or the borrower where ACE has marketed the borrower
• Request and negotiate deal approval (clients, products, insurance)
• Request contracts from Legal and provide consultation, obtain client signature
• Obtain external legal council as appropriate
• Communicate agreed client and deal rates to the finance department
• Review invoices for external legal council, insurance, transport and clearing agent
• Find new buyers when necessary (mark-to-market payments not made)
• Facilitate the granting or refusal of requests for a payment extension period
• Check country, product commodity and client credit limits periodically
• Determine required credit limits
• Identify the need for insurance and revise insurance policies with insurers
• Determine the need for an insurance claim and liaise with the client for details
• Determine the action in the event of an insurance claim
• Actively market and negotiate banks products in new regions to drive division expansion
• Actively market and negotiate ACE products in new regions to drive division expansion
• Determine means to mitigate unique regional risks such that bank and ACE can expand operations
• Liaise with legal experts in-country regarding product constructs, etc.
• Train, coach and assist new marketers in new regions, and train the TSS and Credit Support officers in ACE and banks back-office staff.
Skills and Requirements
• University graduate in Business, Marketing, Economics or Agriculture.
• At least 3 year work experience preferably in all of departments in any of the ACE operating offices.
• Knowledge in Risk Assessment will be an added advantage.
• Excellent negotiation and sales skills
• Good IT skills
• Fluent in English – French a plus
Email CV & resume to me at: Protected content
Please specify for which country you are applying for. Thank you.