Join now

This is what my friend Sent me :P (Abu Dhabi)

My Experience of First Time Acne Treatment

Dealing with acne is never easy, though a number of new surgeries and cosmetic procedures can help speed up the process for those willing to deal with the expenses and possible pain.

One such solution is Pixel, a laser treatment that is meant to resurface skin cells as a means to treat acne scarring, sun damage, fine lines, and other skin issues. The lasers create tiny wounds on the face which then stimulate collagen production to smooth out and tighten the skin.

The treatment costs about $500 on average, and is often advertised to come with minimal discomfort and recovery time

"I could feel small pin pricks as the laser lit up across my face During the procedure. I began to get a little agitated as smoke started to rise and I could literally smell my skin burning.

The procedure was more painful than expected
However, the doctor assured me the feeling was normal. Once the procedure was over, the pain still continued as i made my way home.

15 minutes after the procedure my face turned a deep purple, and began to heat up, By the time I got home I was in total agony and my face was burning, it felt like I was on fire. My skin started to cool down after 24 hours. The uncomfortable burning feeling continued for 24 hours before cooling down. By the fourth day, my skin started to heal and scab as it gradually peeled off.
My experience seems to be rare, as dermatologists say it should be a relatively pain-free process.

This treatment has cleared up 70% of my scarring and pigmentation issues after just one session. Those results are enough to outweigh the pain i felt, especially if it means avoiding the "major insecurities. Well I still recommend the treatment despite the pain.

I couldn't recommend it enough I can't wait to do it again, the pain was worth it.

Abu Dhabi Forum

Our Global Partners