Action Against Hunger | ACF-International is a registered charity, founded in Protected content operating in 37 countries. ACF in Nigeria is seeking young, motivated, and experienced professionals to support strengthening nutrition programming in Jigawa State.
Open positions & education/training qualification requirements:
Base Administration Officer: Bachelor’s degree in accountancy or finance with Protected content professional experience. Experience with SAGA accountancy system an asset.
- The successful candidate will set up, operate and monitor the running of administrative, financial and national human resources on the base according to basic charter, procedures and internal policies of ACF, with close support of Head of Base with technical supervision of the mission Admin Coordinator.
- Position objectives include: management of base cashflow requirements including preparation of forecasts; provide oversight and check compliance of all procurements; managing base accountancy requirements; follow-up on base HR admin requirements, including social insurance activity and recruitments
Base Logistics Officer: Bachelor’s degree in business or any relevant technical field and Protected content professional experience in logistics
- The successful candidate will lead and manage the base logistic team, ensuring that all logistics objectives are met. These objectives include managing the supply chain (procurement, transport, storage, quality control); regular report preparation (inventory, order follow-up, and narrative activity reports) ; managing all base transportation and communication requirements; oversee base maintenance and rehabilitation activities; ensure proper security in all base actions. The base logistics officer will work with close support of Head of Base with technical supervision of mission Logistic Coordinator.
Overall required skills for all posts:
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively /innovate and to set priorities, manageable workplans and evaluate progress with strong interest in sustainability.
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other organizations’ staff.
- Computer literate.
- Fluency (both written and verbal) in English and Hausa essential.
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility.
- Commitment to team work and understanding of how to contribute.
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and approach.
Desirable skills for all posts:
- Previous experience with local and international NGOs.
- Broad understanding of rights and development issues, international relations and the international humanitarian systems.
Applications, including Motivation Letter, CV, and scanned credentials are to be sent to: Protected content .
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews to be held in mid-October.
The deadline for submission of applications is 28/10/11 at 5pm (Abuja time).