Construction Vacancies - Lagos & Abuja (Accra)
Currently recruiting for the following roles in Lagos & Abuja for a Construction Client. They are willing to take experienced local or expat. Accommodation etc will be provided.
A Quantity Surveyor (QS) is required on behalf of our client, a project Management/Construction Consulting firm. The individual will be accountable for Tender Packages/ Contract/BOQ/BOM/Project Progress Reports associate with project requirements. Specifically review documents for all contracts, major quotations, drawings for construction issued by the owner, technical specifications and proposals with individual Contractors for Scope of Work. Shall prepare progress reports, analyse construction cost and provide technical support for construction department. As well as manage site/project operations including supervise labour, subcontractors, materials and plant; Select qualified bidders based on tender procedures and manage all post bidding processes.
Qualification & Experience
The candidate must have a degree in Surveying, with at least 5 years working experience in the same or similar setting. Masters Degree will be an added advantage. Candidate with direct experience in hotel construction from the design phase is highly preferable. He /she must be abreast with the use of software necessary to execute projects. An excellent communication and presentation skills are required. Must be able to write up reports and pay keen attention to every detail. Be able to work as part of a team effectively, and with a wide range of people from diverse geographical background and must be willing to travel as and when required due to the nature of job.
The overall primary responsibility is to run and manage a construction site - or a large part of it. Specifically through:
• Preparing the site and liaising with other construction professionals such as architects, engineers, buyers, estimators and surveyors before construction work start.
• Developing the programme of work and strategy for making the project happen.
• Planning ahead to prevent problems on site before they occur, for example, planning the delivery and storage of equipment and materials.
• Making safety inspections of the site when work is underway and ensuring regulations relating to health safety and the environment (HSE) are adhered to.
• Overseeing the running of several projects.
• Using construction management software packages to plan smooth work flows.
• Communicating with a range of people including the client, subcontractors, suppliers, the public and the workforce.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required
• Minimum Degree in Mechanical Engineering in building studies, building engineering, construction engineering management and building technology
• Minimum of five Protected content extensive experience in the building property construction industry
• Experience of constructing hotel is an advantage
• Need to be forward planner, with exceptional people skills and the ability to present ideas and negotiate.
• Good problem solving skills are essential.
• Highly experienced in the usage of MS tool and other construction relation software.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the planning, management, co-ordination and financial control of a construction project and ensure that the client's requirements are met, the project is completed on time and within budget and that everyone else is doing their job properly.
Main responsibilities include agreeing project objectives; representing the client's interest; providing independent advice on the management of projects; organising the various professional people working on a project; risk assessment; ensuring all the aims of the project and quality standards are met; recruiting specialists and sub-contractors; monitoring sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained and accounting, costing and billing.
Experience Knowledge & Skills required
• Minimum of a Degree in Project Management or Business Administration
• Five years working experience in the construction sector or similar setting.
• Building supervisory experience is required
• Must have excellent organisational, communication skills and ability to motivate people is essential.
You will be responsible for developing and assuring end-to-end technical solutions which meet the business needs for contract delivery, accountable for the full integrity of the technical solution from requirements to customer’s acceptance and manage a team of technical engineers allocated to the project coming from different parts of the organization.
Specific roles include;
• Overall technical responsibility for the project by leading technical activities in line with the scope and plan agreed with the Project Manager
• Plan, organize, direct, optimize and control the end to end technical delivery activities through the life cycle
• Accountable for the active management, mitigation and reporting of technical risks
• Ensure all regulatory and compliance measures are met
• Ensure technical delivery meets both customer and our requirements
• Primary point of contact for project delivery and customer management
• Drives and estimates, product and technical work-breakdown; define engineering work plan
• Monitor technical progress and validate the evolution to the next stage
• Review and approve the system test results until demonstration of the compliance of the solution with the requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• B.Sc. in Engineering or Architecture
• Building or Hotel construction experience is essential
• Team Management and matrix organization experience with capability of motivating a diverse team in a dynamic global environment and possess the necessary capabilities and authority that will quickly earn the respect of peers
• Experience in safety, security, traffic/transportation, water or electricity domain desirable
• Strong presentation skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in making technical presentations
• Organized, analytical and creative
• Good interpersonal skills
• Fast learner, independent, leadership abilities
How to Apply: Please e-mail your CV along with a supporting statement to us at Protected content , with the post you are applying for clearly marked. Please ensure that your supporting statement demonstrates how your experience‚ skills and abilities meet the selection criteria set out above.