EDITORIAL DIRECTOR (NEWS) (Accra)
An International News Network Is seeking to recruit an Editorial Director (NEWS)
Location: Congo Brazzaville
Reporting to the Director of News and Programmes.
Launch phase of the project:
• Set up the editorial line for News and Magazines on the following subjects: politics, society, business, sports related to Africa
• Set up the corresponding workflow in close collaboration with the head of the editorial project and technical teams
• Develop digital products alongside the broadcast product, working with the Marketing and Innovation team
• Define and implement the programme schedule in collaboration with the Antenna Director
• Create and initiate the team of journalists: hiring, training...
• Set up and develop a network of African correspondents;
• Represent the project in Brazzaville and on the African continent: institutional relations, network of partners (media, business leaders ...)
Launch and broadcasting of the channel:
• Ensure editorial quality on the linear/broadcast (TV) and non- linear products (digital, VOD...)
• Coordinate daily news production in keeping with the editorial independence
• Ensure the consistency of the different linguistic services
• Supervise the news team: organise and coordinate daily work of journalists;
• Ensure the proper functioning of the onsite team and manage change: hiring, initiation, training, evaluation...
• Coordinate the network of regional bureaus and local correspondents
• Maintain relations with the channel’s partners in Africa: institutional relations, media, business leaders, civil society
• Constantly develop the impact and the audience of the media on the African continent
• Continually monitor the competition and market for Pan-African news channels.
• African profile with strong experience in the media industry in an English-speaking African country such as Nigeria, South-Africa, Kenya or Ghana
• Primarily English-speaking with a good command of French, and ideally some knowledge of Portuguese. (Please note that we might consider candidates who are not fluent in French. We just need them to understand a bit of French in order to deal with French speakers.)
• Protected content experience in NEWS (TV, radio, digital)
• Perfect knowledge of the news market in Africa
• Very good digital approach
• Strong networks in Africa
• Very good skills in management and training people
• Top-notch educational references
• After initial training , the Editorial Director will be based at the HQ in Brazzaville (Congo)
There are vacancies for Sports, News, Culture and Business Journalists too. Deadline for application: 23rd May Protected content
Send CV to Protected content