Join now

Looking for: Volunteer work/ Charity projects (Accra)

Hi everyone!

I am Hannah and my boyfriend and I moved to Accra last year. I am doing my Master's in Global Health via distance learning, so I sit at home quite a lot, just learning on my own and that is quite annoying. Therefore I would like to become a bit more active.
Since I have time left beside the study, it would be nice to do some volunteer work in Accra. I am not looking for a full-time position, I just want to do some reasonable work here a couple of hours per week, preferably in a smaller non-profit project with local people.
I did my Bachelor's in BioScience & Health and worked for a project promoting healthy nutrition before, so it would be nice to become active in the health sector or in education. Anyway I am also interested in the protection of the environment (which somehow belongs to the health sector again) or in youth work.
Basically I am pretty open towards many different areas that can broaden my experiences here in Ghana.
My English and German is fluent and I have good knowledge in French and Dutch.

If you know any interesting projects here in the inner city, please let me know.
Thanks a lot!!