Join now

Moving to Accra! Cost of living....

Hi all!

I've been reading around and trying to get an answer based off of other peoples questions but figured I would set mine out there too to see if I can get a more accurate response!

I've been to Ghana on multiple occasions but nothing longer than a month for vacation/volunteering. I am now moving there in July and have been offered a package for work and I want to see if it is considered "good/realistic". I will be working at a school in East Legon. I have been offered accommodation (apparently near the neighborhood of Trasacco Estate but not IN that neighbourhood itself), transportation to and from work each day, meals during the day (though I suspect local foods only as it is what the school provides so I don't know if I will always want it) and flights. I'm looking into whether or not they will provide health insurance. On top of this, they will pay me $ Protected content per month.

Do you guys think this is enough to live on for a single female (living a comfortable expat lifestyle). I like to socialize, eat good food, and go out!

I look forward to your expertise :) thanks!

Accra Forum