Regional Director, Western and Central Africa. (Accra)
Our client works in the area of emergency response and disease control and is committed to the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and has a presence in Africa, UAE and the US. The holder will be responsible for customer support and growth in relation to the product lines in the region (Western and Central Africa)
You will be responsible for:
• Meeting the region’s budget goals for the entire product portfolio in the Public Health segment
• The regional Profit and Loss of the business unit
• Creating local regional business plans in alignment with the overall company’s strategy
• Creating and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders (e.g. Ministry of Health, NGOs, etc.)
• Proper and regular reporting to the Executive Regional Director in Switzerland (HQ)
• Providing feedback on Western and Central Africa market to the Executive Regional Director on a regular basis
• Leading a team of regional area managers through sales training, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) development and evaluation; assessment of staff skills’ and training needs
• Inculcating the organisation’s culture and values in the region
• Master level education (MBA or equivalent commercial diploma).
• Experience in Public Health and 5 to 8 years’ experience in Sales in Africa at management level.
• Experience in and knowledge of global public issues is an advantage
• Fluency in English and French is mandatory
• Entrepreneurial mind-set, confident self-starter with competitive drive, initiative and decisiveness
• Strong sense of achievement: Undertakes difficult tasks and is result-oriented. Takes charge, shows self-motivation and ambition for personal and professional achievements. Has a competitive drive to get things done
• Relationship building: builds relationships and networks; works through and with others. Communicates and negotiates effectively and persuasively
• Risk management: assesses risks and makes timely decisions based on relevant information. Can make high risk decisions when necessary and is not afraid of facing difficulties and adversity. Creates competitive strategies and plans
• Loyal team player and effective team builder; Directs work of others. Measures performance, monitors progress and gives feedback. Builds synergies in team
• Ability to discuss technical issues, and understanding of technical background of products.
• Prepared to travel to East African destinations and anticipated 4 yearly trips to Europe – minimum Protected content days a year throughout Africa and sometimes to other global locations
The position is located in Accra in Ghana and reports to the Managing Director Public Health in Switzerland. If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenges, please send your motivation letter, latest CV (with day-time telephone contact and three referees) to Protected content so as to be received on or before November 22, Protected content . We will only contact shortlisted candidates.