Wine seminar in English: New World vs Old World
My friend Maria, a professional Sommelier educated in Bordeaux, organizes a wine Seminar IN ENGLISH on the 30th of March in a private lounge near Metro Mayakovskaya.
Who wants to join?
Here is what it will be about:
WINE SEMINAR - New World vs Old World
The most debatable topic in the wine world, which wines are more interesting? Should I take french Syrah or Australian Shiraz? Italian Primitivo or Californian Zinfandel? Sauvignon Blanc from Loire Valley or Marlborough?
Have you ever noticed that the same grape variety can reflect so different aromas and flavors depending on the place of its origin? So what is the main difference between these wines, only
There are several tips which we are going to discuss during our wine tasting master-class:
- Old World always emphasizes the place of the wine origin, wine “terroir”, the region which is the most important point for many european wine producers, while New World producers focus on a grape variety and on its primary characteristics.
- Old World wines usually need lots of time to open up, to breath… and its aromas develop very slowly in your glass step by step, New World wines show a huge range of variation on aromas quite quickly, which are easier to feel and understand.
- You will never find such strict wine regulations in New World countries as in Old World, is it good or not we are going decide during our master-class…!
Our main topics for discussion “New World vs Old World”:
- The notion of “terroir”
- Wine history
- The main ideas of wine regulation in countries of Old World
- Main grape varieties
- Wine flavors and aromas how they appear in a wine, types and groups of
- Wine tasting, comparison of Old World and New World wines
6 wines tasting + snacks + lots of infos!
CONTACT ME FOR PREPAYMENT METHODS!
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.