Desert & art experience
Great opportunity to acquire some unique gifts for those who celebrate Christmas! Try out sand boarding and the potters wheel, get out of the city and experience the real Egypt!
If you are interested in joining us please contact the organizer for details on how to make payment in full. Once payment is confirmed we will forward more details. We cannot confirm your spot on the tour until we have received payment. DEADLINE FOR PAYMENT IS MIDNIGHT OCTOBER 12th, Protected content .
We are always happy to answer any questions you may have.
Meet in Helipolis (see image of bus in photos) We can only take a total of 6 people (including the organizer) as the bus is small and we are sharing with another group.
- We will travel from Cairo to Faiyum where we will check-in to a villa and relax with an Egyptian breakfast (eggs, cheese, foul, fateer & honey) on arrival
- After breakfast we will take 4x4 vehicles to visit: Wadi Hetan museum; Wadi Rayan; Magic Lake & Qusor al Arab where we can enjoy some great photographic opportunities and try out sand boarding ;)
- Relaxing morning with an Egyptian breakfast & free time to enjoy the festival
- We will visit the Evelyn pottery school (see info below) to try our hand at being a pottery artist (we will take our pieces home)
- We will also have the opportunity to visit the only “Caricature” museum in the middle east - Later there is an option to ride horses by the lake and/or tour the village
- After our Egyptian breakfast we will tour the village together or seperately and enjoy the festival - We will enjoy a BBQ in the afternoon by the pool before returning to Cairo at 17:00
The Protected content includes transportation to and accomodation (double occupancy) at a lovely traditional domed villa with private pool at the Tunis village (see photos) with all drinks & morning meals at the villa, as well as transportation and entrance fees for everything mentioned here. We have not included any other meals so that you have the opportunity to explore more, but are happy to give you reccommendations if desired.
Protected content Information—
Many people do not know that the thriving pottery culture of Fayoum’s Tunis village is due to a great extent to the international community and individuals such as Swiss entrepreneur Evelyne Porret. After studying decorative arts – with a specialization in ceramics – in Geneva, Ms. Porret moved to Egypt in Protected content she collaborated with Ramses Wissa Wassef in pottery workshops. She opened her own pottery school in Fayoum’s Tunis village which has over the years significantly contributed to the development of the community.
More about Ms. Porret and Tunis village can be found here: Protected content
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.