Enjoy a Relaxing😊Day: 💚 Nature, Music, Dinner
Let's Enjoy a Relaxing Day in the 💚 Nature,
with Music and Barbecue Dinner, in a marvellous natural country place inside the city.
An interactive, hands-on classical Roman agriculture evening. A visit to the last contadino family in their Roman vegetable gardens and garden nursery.
The day activities start at the garden at 3PM for all of those who want to help planting and harvesting, and continue at 6PM with a great contadino evening, including a full traditional Roman aperitivo and dinner with carne alle brace. All this accompanied by LIVE music highlighting Canzone Romane and Popolare...
a "pure natural Island" inside the city, not outside and far away!
---Organization: CRAF - Guillermo
CLASSICAL ROMAN ARTS FOUNDATION
The event will take place at a vivaio [ nursery] and orto [vegetable garden] –10 minutes from Cornelia's Metro stop, owned and operated by the Merenghi family, probably the last contadino family within Roma. They follow traditional Roman agricultural practices and of course the ortaggi [vegetables] are excellent and delicious.
A must see event ! 😊 A unique opportunity to enjoy exclusive moments in a pure natural setting, meet new people, talk with friends in a relaxing and international atmosphere!
Don't miss it!
Activities (all voluntary of course) will include:
- Guided tour of each of the different areas of the property - Orto, Vivaio, Fish pond, tree area, "natural" areas.
- Planting, harvesting, other agricultural chores
- Exploring the fish ponds and feeding the fish
- Talk on growing and caring for vegetable and flower plants.
- Talk on cooking, and volunteering for the lunch service.
* The traditional farmer's aperitivo 🖼 🌮 🍲🍷 and cena includes carne alla brace [grilled meats], formaggio, olive, insalata, pane casareccio, and other Roman and Lazio specialties, and good wine.
* Complimentary Goodies Bag: A voucher for a “Goodies Bag” with vegetables from the garden, such as cavalfiore, broccolo, broccolini, insalata, pomodori, melanzana, citriolo, zuccini, zucca, fiori di zucca, meloni, patate and basilico.
* An “orto” of your own: Participants will have the opportunity to choose a patch of land and work it or sponsor it throughout the season, and receive the fruits of their land, in a creative partnership with the Merenghi family.
*The music performers will present beloved traditional songs of the reprtorie of Canzone Romane Popolare e Tradizionale and will also invite the public to join in the most popular tunes, which are ingrained in every Roman from childhood.
* Liberatoria [waiver], by which participants accept all responsibility and liability in case of accident or any other problem to themselves and/or their property.
*The whole event starts at 2:30PM and ends at 8:30PM. However, guests are invited to arrive and to leave at any time that accomodates their needs and taste.
* Cost: Suggested donation: E Protected content with barbecue, drinks, water and wine included).
* Transportation: Buses from the Metro's Cornelia stop run every Protected content . Location: Via Boccea 456
Don't miss it..!
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.