How can you overcome your fears - workshop
Dear PDG member,
You are invited to join our next workshop that will focus on overcoming our fears that may hold us back from achieving our goals. The training will be led by Marc Keller, founder of Beyond Mindfulness. This is the second time Marc is holding a workshop on our platform after the successful training over Letting go of the illusion of control - before the summer break.
The two hour training will be followed by networking and socializing.
How can you overcome your fears and follow your dreams
- Do you sometimes find yourself procrastinating because you are worried that you won’t succeed?
- Have you ever put off doing something because you were concerned about what others will think?
- Have you delayed doing new things because they may feel uncomfortable?
It isn't unusual for any of us to have fear. In fact, it can be considered part of the human condition. A key question in spite of this fear is, are we fulfilling our basic human needs, finding the ongoing nutriments and supports from the social environment in order to function effectively?
Fearing failure – or the perceived consequences of failure – shouldn’t hold you back from achieving great things in your life.
During this workshop you will become more aware of your own behaviour and the role of fear in it, how it can keep you from following your dreams. You will see how our brain (mind) works and you will learn techniques that help to face your fears (difficult emotions) and make space for happiness and inner peace.
Many of us were taught to run away from difficult emotions and haven’t learned to face them. With the increase of stress, anxiety and burn-out, our habitual approach doesn’t seem to be sustainable anymore.
During the two hour interactive workshop you will learn:
- Why fear can keep you from following your dreams
- How our brain works
- To become conscious of the value of Self-compassion
- How this can counter our tendency of perfectionism and control
- Meditations, videos and practical exercises to become more aware of your fears and how to tackle them
- Tips and Inspirations to deal with fear and change behaviour in daily (work) life
Who is your trainer?
After Marc finished his master in International Relations he followed his curiosity for other cultures, countries and behaviour by working and living in Eastern Africa for three years. Many years ago Marc started practising meditation and since Protected content gives mindfulness and self-compassion trainings and coaches people with their life and work challenges. With his own company Beyond Mindfulness he strives to give a lasting and profound answer to the increasing speed of life, stress and burnout in our demanding society. His style is down-to-earth, in-depth, pragmatic and given with enthusiasm.
Costs (covering the rent and a warm welcome drink):
- € 12, Protected content in advance latest 48 hours prior the event,
- € 18,- at the door in cash or late transfer (within 2 days before the event).
In order to secure your spot it is advisable to make the pre-payment timely.
Drinks (wine, beer, some soft drinks) can be bought after the workshop at the location for small change. Please make sure to bring some cash.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.