Wine Hiking Trails with Views & WINE tasting – SLOVENIA 5 days
*** by the 25th of Augustus we need to know if we have enough people joining us to make this lovely discovery trip to happen***
Wine Hiking Trails with Views – SLOVENIA 5 days outdoor WINE tasting adventure
Discover and experience with me the Slovenian Wine Hiking Trails with amazing views. Join me for this early autumn culinary and culture break in the North East of the Slovenian hills.
Natural, unspoiled and welcoming, Slovenia is a little slice of paradise - Among Lonely Planet's top 10 locations to visit. Slovenia is the first country in the world to be declared a green destination based on the GREEN destinations Criteria. Situated between the Alps, Mediterranean Sea, mysterious Karst, with more than 11.000 karst caves and Panamanian Plain which is rich in healthy water springs.
The National Geographic has noticed Slovenia and its tourist trend, which promotes healthy living, a movement in nature and the authenticity of national culture. It has put it first in the rankings of sustainable tourism countries, based on hundreds of sustainable indicators, such as authenticity, the environment, biodiversity, the diversity of culture and other. As the UN heralds Protected content was declared the world’s most sustainable country. This Adriatic enclave has reached an impressive 96 points from Protected content , confirming that it belongs to the world's top destination, which will become more and more popular tourist destinations in the future.
Slovenia has more than 33,000 hectares of vineyards, which are almost exclusively on steep hills. Many of the Slovenian professional vineyards are listed among the top 5 percent of the vineyards around the world which enables the production of top quality wines. Vines had spread throughout Slovenia during the time of the Celts, though it is the Romans who are most responsible for the development of the first forms of viticulture on our soil. At the crossroads of the Mediterranean, pre-Alpine world, and Pannonian Plain, the climate is very favorable for the cultivation of noble grape vines.
Ptuj, the oldest town in Slovenia, aging back to the year 69 a.d. when it was first mentioned in historical documents as a Roman settlement named Poetovio. In the mysterious underground of dusty walls, there are bottles of Sparkling wine. Ptuj winery wine library boasts the largest and most famous collection of vintage wines in the region.
Together we will explore the vineyards with their beautiful views, wineries with their homemade wines and local food specialties, Slovenian oldest town Ptuj and its Castle, the oldest vineyard in the world, small villages between the wine hills....
* We'll take a walk in downtown Ljubljana, my home city and Protected content capital, which was in Protected content named by the European Union: The greenest capital of Europe.
We will have time to taste a bit of our cultural heritage and experience the lively atmosphere on the streets next to the river Ljubljanica, which are closed to motor traffic. We will also visit the Ljubljana Castle on the hill and enjoy the view towards to the North, South, West, and East.
* We will be staying at a wineries family-run guest house at the foot of their own vineyards. Our breakfast will be prepared from the food that was mostly produced at the farm itself.
If you are vegetarian or have a gluten-free diet, no problem, they will make something for you that suits your need. Just please let me know ahead.
* Enjoy the easy hikes on the wine trails and their beautiful views
* Visit well know wineries and enjoying their products – wine tasting and their local specialties plates
* Learn about the region and the oldest city of Slovenia PTUJ - and experience a guided tour by a local historian Protected content
* Meet the Pullus Family and enjoy a guided tour of the Ptuj Wine cellar with an audio-visual presentation titled »When the drop sparkles«, Enjoy local meat delicacies or homemade cheese plate and wine tasting. 7 samples:
- Pullus sparkling wine (white dry, white half-dry, rose dry, rose half-dry Protected content
- 2x fresh wine Pullus (Rhine Protected content , Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Protected content
- Pullus G (Traminer Protected content
- Pullus mature wine (variety mature Protected content
- Pullus sweet wine (Rhine Riesling, Yellow Muscat, Traminer Protected content
- Special fillings (vintage or dessert wines: Chardonnay TBA, Protected content Riesling TBA, Italian Riesling dried grapes, Yellow Muscat Protected content grapes, Sauvignon dried grapes)
* Regional Sight-seeing and an ONE-day driving trip to the Ljutomer wine area, where we will visit several famous wine farms and taste their specialties.
* Guided Morning Tibetan exercises in the garden (on the grass and lead by me)
4 Oct Protected content 2018
5 days / 4 nights
Meeting place: LJUBLJANA (or Schiphol)
€ Protected content person (flight not included)
*** return flight AMS-LJU-AMS = euro Protected content Protected content
-If flying out of Amsterdam:
Thursday morning leaving - Monday morning coming back
Outbound Flight: Amsterdam (Schiphol) → Ljubljana 6.35 – 8.20
Return Flight: Ljubljana → Amsterdam (Schiphol) 9.20 – 11.15
Small group: Min 8 ppl, Max 16 ppl
Deposit of € 250.- must be paid by 24 Augustus Protected content
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
* 4 nights accommodation in twin rooms /or in an apartment at a private winery's guest-house located at the foot of their own vineyards.
* 4 breakfasts,
* 4 lunches
* 4 dinners (Sunday as an open grill in the garden, if the weather will allow us)
* 6 (at least) wine tasting with homemade food plates (cheese + meat)
* guided short and easy hikes (you don't need to be very fit to join this kind of hikes)
* guided sightseeing activities with a local historian
* guided 2 1/2 hours of Wine Cellar with wine tasting
* guided tour of the Ptuj Castle
* All the entrées and or degustations (that i have planned for us)
* Airport pick up and drop off (from Ljubljana airport, other airports can be arranged but extra charges will apply)
* My guided tour of Ljubljana (where I was born and raised) + lunch + drink at my favorite place
* Guided Morning Tibetan exercises on the grass (by myself)
* extra Drinks outside the wine tastings (except the drink @Ljubljana)
* Travel insurance
* Any other personal expenses
* Tourist tax (1,27 pp, per night to be paid at the winery farm)
This is going to be the 2nd Slovenia adventure trip that I will be organizing. After the Let's discover THE MAGIC OF SLOVENIA Protected content OUTDOOR ADVENTURE was fully booked and many of you asked me when I am going to organize the next one. So, I decided to organize another one, during the best time for the WINE region, on the weekend following the first tour. That way I will have an excellent reason to stay longer in my home country and visit my mom too. Of course one of the major reasons is that outdoor activities are my passion, especially when done in beautiful locations. Slovenia is known for its natural beauty but less known for its delicious wines and culinary specialties. That is why I would like you to experience this part of Slovenia as well.
I enjoy connecting and bringing people together while organizing and guiding different activities. Being in nature and sharing my knowledge about my country is a special joy for me.
This Hiking Wine trails and Culinary Adventure of the East North Slovenian is for all OUTDOOR and WINE lovers:
*who enjoys trying new local wine and local food specialties
* who love being in nature
* who are interested in other cultures
* who like to learn some less know the history
* who enjoy being part of a group.
* who are eager to experience new things in life
Let’s explore the less known local wine and food specialties while being outdoors together!
Please note that activities such as hiking and wine tasting carry a risk of injury. By signing up for these activities, you confirm that you are in good health and accept this risk.
North East of Slovenia – small winery farm accommodation on the foot of their vineyards
€ Protected content person (flight not included)
Deposit (non-refundable): € 250.- must be paid by 24th JULY Protected content
This is not a trip we can book at the last minute. I need to confirm the accommodation by 24th of JULY = EXTENDED for ONE month - deadline 25th Augustus. We need to be at least 8 people, including me. The booking can only be confirmed after I have received euro 250.- deposit. The deposit is non-refundable unless you find another person who will join us as your replacement. If the trip is canceled because we have not reached enough participants or due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances you will get the full refund.
Feel free to invite your friends, just make sure they sign up on InterNations first.
Registration on this site by itself does not guarantee your participation. (full=full).
If you are interested in this trip or you have any additional questions, please contact me:
Looking forward to showing you my home city and the beautiful scenery in the North East of Slovenia.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.