Beginner Sailing Course
Hei dear members,
I hope you had a great summer. I would like to invite you to participate in a beginners sailing course. If you're curious about sailing, if you wish to sail a boat on your own, or if you just wanna become useful crew on someone elses boat - then a sailing course is what you need to get started.
During a practical sailcourse you'll go through the following important subjects:
- Sailing in every direction
- Chart (map) reading
- Principles for good seamanship
- How to use and operate the motor
- Anchoring, particularly on sway
- Mooring trick's and useful knots
- Setting sails in an optimal way: trimming sails
- Reducing sail-area in gusts and gales - Reefing a sail
- Manouvering; how to enter a harbour and approach a pier
- How to avoid the most common mistakes and possible accidents
What you learn on the course, can also be applied to larger sailboats.
If the course should be ran mid-week, then three evenings of 17:00 to 21:00 is a suitable time.
Otherwise we suggest these hours:
Friday: Protected content Protected content
Saturday: Protected content Protected content
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.