Strolls through Berlin: Tegel
Please note: We might take public transportation to get to the buffalos!
Almost every quarter in Berlin has its own sights with their own stories. Let’s discover them.
After a little summer break we start again and this time we walk through Tegel.
While Tegel usually is associated with the airport there is some much more to this district.
• Berlins only civilian Russian orthodox cemetery
• Talk about Berlins industrial heritage and why industrialization did not always go hand in hand with squalor as well as liquid-fueled rockets
• Walk along the lake, see a popular destination for a day trip and, if I can find it again, see Berlins oldest tree
• Talk Alexander von Humboldt and utopians
• Get a small impression of what Berlins landscape must have looked like before the urbanization
• And yes, try to see water buffalo
Along the way I’ll give tips on things that could be visited on another day in the neighborhood.
Looking forward to seeing you!
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.