CANCELLED!!! - Swimming in the Horstmarer Lake
Let's enjoy swimming in the Horstmarer See!
Here are some reasons why this lake is enjoyable:
1) It's in Lünen, not very far from Dortmund.
2) The lake bottom is sandy and therefore soft. It's safe to go in barefoot.
3) The lake bottom is also very flat. Even if you're not good at swimming, you can just walk in the water.
4) You can choose between a sandy beach and a meadow.
5) The lake is surrounded by a big lush park.
6) There are no fees (except for when you want to use the toilet. So make sure to bring coin money!)
7) You can bring any kind of toy to play with in the water, e.g. a ball.
8) Food: My tipp would be to bring your own lunch box but if you can't, there is a REWE supermarket on the way.
MEETING POINT & TIME:
Dortmund Hbf, platform/track 26 at 11:20 am.
Our train to Preußen will arrive there at 11:34 am.
Please be punctual. If you are running late, here is how to get to the lake by yourself:
Step 1: TRAIN) From "Dortmund Hbf" take a train (RB50) to "Horstmar (Lünen), Preußen".
Step 2: BUS) From there, take the bus c4/14 in front of Preußen station to "Horstmar Scharnhorststraße, Lünen" (direction: ZOB).
Step 3: WALK) From there, it it will be a Protected content walk to the park. Turn on Google maps + GPS to guide you. If you pass the REWE, you know you're on the right track. ;)
As this is an outdoor activity, I will probably postpone the event according to the weather conditions. But so far, the forecast seems ok.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.