IS SUCCESS THE KEY TO HAPPINESS OR HAPPINESS THE KEY TO SUCCESS?
SUCCESS IS NOT THE KEY TO HAPPINESS…
…. HAPPINESS IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS.
IF YOU LOVE WHAT YOU ARE DOING, YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL
We live in a world where success is defined by achievements (money, fame,…) and outer motivations….
What position you hold in your company? What car you drive? How much do you make? What school did you go to? The list is never ending.
The word “success” is probably like the word "God." If you ask Protected content what it means, every one of them will have a different answer
In fact, truly successful people do not only have these material things. Successful people have quality relationships with their close connections and while they strive to do their best in everything, they have a sense of self-fulfillment in what they have accomplished in their careers, family and self. Would being less stressed make them happier, or, would being happier make them less stressed?
All of the successful people I know have one common denominator. They are happy and have inner motivation. They find pleasure and something positive in all they do. They seek lasting inner joy not external transient pleasure. It is hard to create happiness if your brain is continually creating escape routes or planning for the worst.
Let us debate about…
- The definition of success by society (status, money, partner)
- Your personal definition of success
- The links between happiness and success (health/happiness)
- Could happiness be more a choice than success? Your values Vs the society’s values?
- The time perspective (success/happiness)
- Like attracts like – what we focus on we get more of. If you want positive changes in your life, business and relationships… then it all starts with how YOU choose to be in the world. We all want to be successful in these areas. So if you can find happiness and gratitude in any situation, can you become more likely to attract positive things?
To prepare the debate and get some inspiration, please watch the video and read some of the following articles:
I’m looking forward to another inspiring discussion!
As a good debate and the possibility to speak require small groups (and the number of participants is limited), it is important to come on time and NOT to register if you know you probably won’t make it.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.