Why Focus on Physical Health - Not on Mental Health?
WHY ARE WE TAKING CARE OF OUR PHYSICAL HEALTH BUT HARDLY EVER OF OUR MENTAL HEALTH?
Why is it commonly admitted that we have to brush our teeth and do physical exercise but not to have a daily mental training?
Why are we learning our children everything but an healthy emotional hygiene? Are their teeth more important than their mind then?
Problems like rejection, loneliness, traumas, failure, etc. are strong deteriorating factors in terms of mental health (and thereafter physical health) but we mostly choose to ignore them.
We will among others, talk about:
- The definitions of mental health and mental hygiene,
- The differences between mental health and mental hygiene
- Why it is so easy to ignore our mental health
- The strong links between body and mind (or mental issues becoming physical issues or diseases, self-harm, addictions, etc.)
- What we can do to work daily with our mental hygiene to build a good mental health.
To prepare the debate and get some inspiration, please watch this video and read some of the following articles:
I am looking forward to another good discussion!
As a fruitful debate and the possibility to speak require small groups (and the number of participants is limited), it is important to come on time and NOT to register if you know you probably won’t make it.
It is also important to give all of the participants the possibility to express themselves - that is not transforming the discussion into a monologue.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.