Does Karma Exist?
Few concepts are as misunderstood or difficult to define as the concept of karma. Like love and happiness, it seems to mean something different to everyone, even as most would probably agree it has something to do with the principles of destiny, fate, predeterminism, and even reincarnation.
In this event, we will then go through:
- A general definition of Karma
- Different definitions of Karma within Hinduism itself and between different religions
- Comparable concepts in today’s world
- Science and Karma (energy, inspiration, quality of living)
- Questions involved by Karma to discuss:
o “Would not everybody do “Good things” if Karma really existed?”
o Free will and destiny
o Psychological Indeterminacy
o Transferability between persons
o The problem of evil
o Are we interdependent or just isolated persons on this earth?
o Obligation to give, expectations to get something back?
In order to make this discussion as fruitful as possible, I would like to invite you to:
- find two examples before the meeting (one positive, one negative) where you feel like Karma applied in your life.
- read the different articles/links below in order to get some inspiration
- be kind and come on time (and not register if you know you cannot make it as the number of participants is limited)
I am looking forward to another amazing discussion!
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.