Runaway Maids Survival Kits
For a myriad of reasons, there are over Protected content in shelter in the Philippines Embassy and when we last visited, there were at least 4 babies under a month old.
Most of them fled employment with hardly any belongings and without any idea of how long they will be there for. They rely totally on what is brought to them from outside the Embassy.
My heart sinks whenever I imagine myself in that situation.....not having access to the most basic of needs. So I would like to organise a drive to collect as many survival items as we can for these "runaway" maids and the babies. Here is a list of what we are looking for:
1. Feminine hygiene products
2. Tinned food/instant noodles/rice
3. Female shampoo, soaps or shower gel
4. Laundry powder
5. Small sized ladies clothing
Drop off points are:
1. Apt 102, Tower 30, Porto Arabia, the Pearl for Yolanda Lacey
2. Apt Protected content , Beverly Hills Tower, West Bay for David Smith
3. 30th Floor, Doha Tower for David Meredith
4. Tower 20, Porto Arabia the Pearl for Serena Sebastiani
5. West Bay, Ashghal Tower 2 for Nadeeka Fernando
Please drop off your contributions by Monday 23 October 5.30pm as we will be dropping them of at the embassy on Wednesday 25 October in the morning.
There are other ways you can help too:
1. Act as a collection point in addition to the ones listed above,
2. Help with storage, sorting and drop off.
Please message me directly if you can offer help other than contributing the items needed.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.