Day trip to Broadstairs
Hello all - I am planning a day trip to Broadstairs. The plan is to get there for a late lunch and attempt any of the following:
• A lovely walk from Broadstairs to Ramsgate Harbour
• MORELLIES – A MUST! This is a really good ice-cream parlour which has been there for about 90 years. It is right on the cliff top and has a big red sign Protected content
• Charles Dickens – Dickens owned two houses in Broadstairs, one huge castle looking place to the left of the bay, as you look at the sea. The other is next door to The Charles Dickens pub. You can go and look around both, and have afternoon team in Bleak House (the castle one).
• Pubs – there are a few decent once that will immerse you in seaside life. The Albion hotel has a lovely beer garden on the top of the cliff top, right in the centre. The Pavilion has an even better one right on the beach, with grass backing onto sand. If the weather isn’t good enough to sit outside they also have a conservatory you can sit in.
• Food – I would highly recommend a place called “the posillipo”. It’s a great Italian which only employ Italian waiters etc. This is right next door to the Albion Hotel with a outside decking you can sit on if it’s sunny. Another place is called “Wyatt and Jones” which also does good food.
Broadstairs is a coastal town on the Isle of Thanet in the Thanet district of east Kent, England, about 80 miles east of London. It is part of the civil parish of Broadstairs and St Peter's, which includes St Peter's, and had a population in Protected content about 25,000. Situated between Margate and Ramsgate, Broadstairs is one of Thanet's seaside resorts, known as the "jewel in Thanet's crown". The town's crest's Latin motto is Stella Maris. The name derives from a former flight of steps in the chalk cliff, which led from the sands up to the 11th-century shrine of St Mary on the cliff's summit
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.