Blade Canyon - RAK - ADVANCED HIKERS ONLY+++
This is one of an amazing hikes we will have.
NOTE: This hike is not for beginners or mid level hikers, THIS is for high level experienced hikers with HIGH level of FITNESS who used to do long hours hikes in the region.
This hike was based around exploring blade canyon, and it's certainly worth it. Blade Canyon for me is now among the best i have seen in the region. It is just endlessly filled with varied and exciting drops, scrambles, pools, inspirational views, greenery and perfect lighting.
----Below are more information about this Canyon:
From top to bottom I have named the key features in the following order (As best as I can remember! There was so much to take in!)
1. The Ugly Step - This a 45 meter abseil, in three stages.
2. Just around the corner is 'Bowl Step', a large plunge pool area. This involves a moderately exposed scramble to the right hand side (looking down the wadi).
3. Slate Steps - lots of horizontal lines, hence the name, make another step just after Bowl Step. Easy scramble down the center.
4. A long straight section of the wadi sits between Slate Step and Razor Step. You can see all the way down the wadi and the cliffs on the other side of wadi Bih. This section has some large bolders that require clambering over, and it is by no means an easy walk.
5. Razor Step - This is the hardest section of the route. It is a 20m climb in a very narrow section of the route. All the marks that show where people or more commonly goats have been disappeared.
6. Cascades - A set of small drops and small pools link together with a lot of exposed ledges to work your way down.
7. Pools - A set of large pools, getting ever less green as you work down lay along the next section directly after the Cascades. Same advice as above.
8. Quad-Step - Some hard scrambling to get down 4 large drops that come straight one after the other.
I hope this description is good enough for you to estimate the hike difficulty level.
---What you need to bring with you?
1- All hiking equipment (Shoes, backpack, gloves, torch, 5 Liters of water, Sweetened water and snacks, sun protection cream and others)
2- Ropes (if possible) & GPS
Please don't sign up if you are not sure you will make it.
Meeting Point: RAK MALL at 5 AM.
Hike will start by 6 AM sharply.
Let me know if you have any question.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.