Let’s Learn about Earthquakes!
Dear Inter Nations members,
Japan is in the Ring of Fire and there are lots of disasters, such as earthquakes. I guess some people are from the countries where there are no earthquakes. Some may have experienced the big earthquake in Japan on Mar 11, Protected content .
I always keep a pair of shoes, bottles of water, chocolate, biscuits, and flashlight under my bed, because you never know earthquake might happen while you’re sleeping. Chances are almost 30 percent, if you sleep 8 hours a day. It’s important to keep shoes under the bed, because broken window glass might be scattered on the floor after earthquake. Many people suffer scars on their feet.
Other tips: Keep water always in your bath tub! Water pipe might be destroyed by big earthquake, and its supply might be cut off accordingly. Water for sanitary purpose, such as toilet, has to be secured!
Don't walk near the windows as much as possible, when you evacuate from buildings, because minor shocks usually follow the first major one, and the window glass might be crushed by them.
Let’s learn together how to react to emergencies, such as earthquake and fire.
14:30 Meet atProtected content
Four learning sessions:
1. Video in Japanese with English subtitle (25min): To learn about Protected content earthquake, Protected content earthquake, and Protected content earthquake and tsunami.
2. Fire extinguishing training (25min)
3. Evacuation drill from a room filled with smoke (25min)
4. Simulation of earthquake (25min): To learn what action you should take first in case of big earthquake and experience tremor as big as Protected content earthquake in a simulation setting.
- The order of the sessions might be changed.
- Please wear comfortable shoes, and preferably pants, not skirts for ladies.
17:00 End of the sessions
Do you want to save your loved ones and yourself in disasters, don’t you?
Let’s learn together about disasters!
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.