Let's meet in SLOVENIA - active, cultural and social weekend
Let's get together in Slovenia!
***Brussels travel group meets Amsterdam Outdoor Group***
*** by the 25th of Augustus we need to know if we have enough people joining us to make this lovely discovery trip to happen***
Join me for a gastronomical and sociable long weekend in the North East of Slovenia.
Together we will explore the vineyards with their beautiful views, wineries with their homemade wines and local food specialties, Slovenian oldest town Ptuj and its Castle, the oldest vineyard in the world, small villages between the wine hills....
Slovenia has more than 33,000 hectares of vineyards, which are almost exclusively on steep hills. Many of the Slovenian professional vineyards are listed among the top 5 percent of the vineyards around the world which enables the production of top quality wines. Vines had spread throughout Slovenia during the time of the Celts, though it is the Romans who are most responsible for the development of the first forms of viticulture on our soil. At the crossroads of the Mediterranean, pre-Alpine world, and Pannonian Plain, the climate is very favorable for the cultivation of noble grape vines.
Ptuj is the oldest town in Slovenia, dating back to the year 69 a.d. when it was first mentioned in historical documents as a Roman settlement named Poetovio. In the mysterious underground of dusty walls, there are bottles of Sparkling wine. Ptuj winery wine library boasts the largest and most famous collection of vintage wines in the region.
Natural, unspoiled and welcoming, Slovenia is a little slice of paradise and is among Lonely Planet's top 10 locations to visit. Slovenia is the first country in the world to be declared a green destination based on the GREEN destinations Criteria. Slovenia is situated between the Alps, Mediterranean Sea, mysterious Karst, with more than 11.000 Karst caves and Panamanian Plain which is rich in healthy water springs.
National Geographic has noticed Slovenia and its tourist trend, which promotes healthy living. It has put it first in the rankings of sustainable tourism countries, based on hundreds of sustainable indicators, such as authenticity, the environment, biodiversity, the diversity of culture and other factors. In Protected content UN declared Slovenia to be the world’s most sustainable country. This Adriatic enclave reached an impressive 96 out of Protected content , confirming that it belongs to the world's top destinations. Slovenia will become increasingly more popular as a tourist destination in the future.
* We will take a walk in downtown Ljubljana, my home city and Slovenia’s capital, which was in Protected content named by the European Union: The greenest capital of Europe.
We will have time to taste a bit of our cultural heritage and experience the lively atmosphere on the streets next to the river Ljubljanica, which are closed to motor traffic. We will also visit the Ljubljana Castle on the hill and enjoy the Protected content
* We will be staying at a winery's family-run guest house at the foot of their own vineyards. Our breakfast will be prepared from the food that was mostly produced at the guest house itself.
If you are vegetarian or have a gluten-free diet, no problem. They will make something for you that suits your need. Just please let me know in advance.
* Enjoy the easy hikes on the wine trails and their beautiful views
* Visit wineries and enjoying their products – wine tasting and
their local specialties plates
* Regional Sight-seeing and an ONE-day driving trip to the Ljutomer wine area, where we will visit several famous wineries and taste their specialties.
* Guided Morning Tibetan exercises in the garden (on the grass and lead by me)
5 Oct Protected content 2018
4 days / 3 nights
Meeting place: Protected content
€ Protected content person (flight not included)
+ some additional cost for the transfer from the Airport to the guest house might apply. It all depends on how many of you are traveling from Brussels.
*** If you wish to travel from Brussels directly to Slovenia, please check Protected content Therefore I can moderate the trip starting on the Friday 5th afternoon and leave on Monday the 8th in the evening.
If interested please check Protected content
A small group from Brussels Community: Min 4 ppl, Max 8 ppl
+ a small group of people from Amsterdam Outdoor Group
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
* 3 nights accommodation in twin rooms/ or in an apartment at a private guest-house located in nature
* 3 breakfasts,
* 3 lunches,
* 3 dinners (Sunday as an open grill in the garden, if the weather will allow us)
* 5 (at least) wine tastings with homemade food plates (cheese + meat)
* Guided short and easy hikes (you don't need to be very fit to join this kind of hikes)
* Guided sightseeing activities with a local historian
* All the entrées and or degustations (Which I have planned for us)
* Airport pick up and drop off (from Ljubljana airport, other airports can be arranged but extra charges will apply)
* My personally guided tour of Ljubljana on Monday (where I was born and raised) + lunch + drink at my favorite place
* Guided Morning Tibetan exercises on the grass (lead by me)
* extra Drinks outside the wine tastings (except the drink @Ljubljana)
* Travel insurance
* Any other personal expenses
* Tourist tax (1,27 pp, per night to be paid at the winery.)
This is going to be the 2nd Slovenia adventure trip that I will be organizing. After the Let's discover THE MAGIC OF SLOVENIA Protected content OUTDOOR ADVENTURE was fully booked, many of you asked me when I am going to organize the next one. So, I decided to organize another one, during the best time for the WINE region, on the weekend following the first tour. That way I will have an excellent reason to stay longer in my home country and visit my mom too. Of course one of the major reasons is that outdoor activities are my passion, especially when done in beautiful locations. Slovenia is known for its natural beauty but less known for its delicious wines and culinary specialties. That is why I would like you to experience this part of Slovenia as well.
I enjoy connecting and bringing people together while organizing and guiding various activities. Being in nature and sharing my knowledge about my country is a special joy for me.
This Hiking Wine trails and Culinary Adventure of the East North Slovenian is for all OUTDOOR and WINE lovers:
*who enjoy trying new local wine and local food specialties
* who love being in nature
* who are interested in other cultures
* who like to learn some little-known history
* who enjoy being part of a group.
* who are eager to experience new things in life
Let’s explore the less known local wine and food specialties while being outdoors together!
Please note that activities such as hiking and wine tasting carry a risk of injury. By signing up for these activities, you confirm that you are in good health and accept this risk.
North East of Slovenia – small winery accommodation on the foot of their vineyards
€ Protected content person (flight not included)
Deposit (non-refundable): € 250.- must be paid by 24th AUGUSTUS Protected content
This is not a trip we can book at the last minute. I need to confirm the accommodation by 24th of Augustus. We need to be at least 8 people, including me. The booking can only be confirmed after I have received euro 250.- deposit. The deposit is non-refundable unless you find another person who will join us as your replacement. If the trip is canceled because we have not reached enough participants or due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances you will receive a full refund.
Feel free to invite your friends, just make sure they sign up on InterNations first.
Registration on this site by itself does not guarantee your participation. (full=full).
If you are interested in this trip or you have any additional questions, please contact me:
I look forward to showing you my home city and the beautiful scenery in the North East of Slovenia.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.